TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR CAREER...
The best people are the best ingredients for our World Class company. Add yourself to the mix at The Boston Beer Company.
Just like our beer is the result of the perfect mix to the finest ingredients and products, our world-class company is the result of the perfect combination of high quality talent. The Boston Beer Company is constantly looking to add "new ingredients" to increase the quality of our organization. That "new ingredient" could be you!
About the Opportunity
We are currently looking for a Buyer. The Buyer is primarily responsible for defining and implementing sourcing strategies while simultaneously building solid relationships with both internal business partners and external suppliers. The Buyer will support the development and optimization of critical procurement processes by identifying and implementing best practices and driving suppliers to higher levels of performance and will also manage on-going relationships with suppliers.
Ingredients To Be A Successful Buyer:
Drives Concept to Contract activities to include the following:
- Focus will be sourcing Point of Sale (POS) materials for Brand and Sale.
- Anticipate that this will be at least 40-50 sourcing projects per year.
- Reports to the Senior Buyer, Brand POS.
Strategically sources suppliers for development and roll-out using the Request for Proposal (RFP) process.
- Identifying potential domestic and overseas suppliers.
- Managing the competitive bid process.
- Develops and executes negotiation strategy with suppliers.
- Develops sourcing strategies to ensure business continuity and contingency planning.
- Works with internal business partners and suppliers to create a statement of work or appropriate specifications and drawings.
Drives Procure to Pay activities to include the following:
- Works with suppliers to develop prototypes.
- Performs Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) analysis.
- Incorporates value engineering principles into development; performs value engineering for existing contracted products and services.
- Proactively drives and manages procurement strategies to meet current and future business requirements.
- Gains alignment with business partners on requirements and risks.
- Communicates project timelines and budget.
- Ensures that the final product or service meets business partner requirements.
- Interfaces cross-functionally to drive value across the supply chain.
- Understands supplier capabilities, competencies, and cost; able to effectively represent these trade-offs to the internal business partner.
- Forecasts demand.
- Determines order quantities to balance demand and financial resources.
- Orders and schedules to meet business deliverables.
- Resolves quality or delivery disputes with supplier.
- Ensures seamless delivery of goods or services to Boston Beer.
- Manages inventory for zero out of stocks.
- Troubleshoots order fulfillment issues.
- Executes and makes recommendations on supplier and BBC's key performance indicators.
- Initiates and facilitates supplier business review to drive improvement and manage suppliers
- Manages corrective action requests related to supplier performance and/or quality.
- Serves as primary contact for supplier issues.
- Streamline procurement processes, including streamlining processes with suppliers.
To Be Mixed With:
And Served to You With...
- Four year degree in related field preferred.
- 3-5 years with Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, and/or Inventory Management experience.
- 3-5 years in Direct Buying, Contract Negotiations, Supplier Management, and/or Project Management experience.
- 3+ years Cross-functional Team Management Experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word. SAP experience a plus.
A variety of benefits including extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discount stock purchase plan, a 401K program with a generous company match, a competitive compensation package, a car allowance and an expense budget.
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact 888.800.2424 or email@example.com for assistance
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/b2zpv84
- 3 years ago - save job