The Salesforce Developer will assist the team in the build out of Salesforce to meet the company's global needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Will work with colleagues in the other business groups to add real value to the application, will be responsible for the build out of custom code in Salesforce, be part of integration projects, and assist with process improvements.
Additional responsibilities include the following:
Education / Training:
- Support new implementation of Remedyforce
- Assist in custom code supporting Services and Product price load and quote approval process and workflow
- Assist in re-implementation of Salesforce
- Salesforce.com administration and operational support including, but not limited to: user/security management, account management, custom object support.
- Analyzes business operations to understand strengths and weaknesses to suggest opportunities to automate processes and functions that enable users.
- Maintains, develops, and deploys ad hoc Salesforce.com reports and dashboards.
- Identifies and suggests improvements to the use of Salesforce.com.
- Supports development of technical specification to address emerging business requirements
- Identifies and suggests new Salesforce.com features and functions (new screens, workflow, APEX code, custom objects, reports, etc.) in response to business needs.
- Develop custom objects based on the need of projects assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining and enforcing data quality policies. Collaborates with business owners to validate data and functionality changes.
- Provides timely support for end-users (local & remote) in a timely, courteous and professional manner.
- Documentation of Salesforce specific processes and configurations.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with developing in the Salesforce environment.
- Demonstrable experience with Service and Product price loading and implementation of a rule driven approval hierarchy.
- Experience supporting Remedyforce is desirable.
- Proven track record supporting and adding measurable value to a global enterprise sales organization through process and application improvements.
- Very familiar with Salesforce Force.com framework, demonstrating development experience with APEX and VisualForce.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Handles ambiguity, works well with many styles, juggles responsibility well, flexible.
- Self-motivated, assertive and persistent with excellent follow-through skills. Perceptive, intuitive, logical, neutral, solution-oriented, strong attention to detail.
- Able to set priorities, plan and independently execute tasks in a structured manner.
- Comfortable working in a global cross-functional environment partnering with internal customers to help support and enhance practical solutions across disparate systems under multiple deadlines. Possesses an understanding of technological trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to business units supported to enhance the enterprise's competitive edge.
- Committed to growing expertise in multiple subject areas within Salesforce and web development.
- Willingness to "roll up sleeves" and assist in areas outside of specialties and comfort zones to get the job done.
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in MIS, Computer Science, or related field.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Normal office environment with moderate noise level, occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs., regular walking, sitting, bending, twisting, standing and reaching.
- Ability to perform consistent work on a PC.
- Ability to sit, use keyboard and/or telephone 8+ hours / day, 5 days / week.