Atlassian enables the potential in every team to advance humanity through the power of software. Our collaboration products help bring together diverse teams to build better software, together. We are looking for a Salesforce.com developer to join our Business Platforms team in San Francisco to help us design, build, and deliver CRM-focused solutions to support the company and our customers.
What You’ll Do
What You’ve Done
- Object-oriented programming and design
- SQL and the fundamentals of relational database design and administration
- The Agile approach to software engineering
- Common testing and continuous integration approaches, in general as well as specific to Salesforce.com
- The low-level technical details of common web service technologies and paradigms -- REST, SOAP, JSON, XML, etc.
- The basics of Salesforce.com administration, reporting, and declarative development
- The basics of UI/UX leading practices and design approaches
- Clear and concise artifact creation and maintenance -- functional and technical specifications, diagrams, and other documentation
- How to perform a code review and provide meaningful and constructive feedback
- The business basics of a software sales organization, such as support, sales channels, marketing, customer relations, etc.
Who Are You?
- 2+ years experience working with Salesforce.com
- Salesforce.com Administrator and/or Developer certification
- 4+ years in general IT or software engineering industry experience
- IT-related college/university degree
- Multiple Salesforce.com implementations, operating in a developer/technical role
- AppExchange package (managed and/or unmanaged) development
- Worked in a software engineering/delivery environment as part of an Agile team that followed modern DevOps practices around continuous delivery, testing, and maintenance
- Set up and maintained a continuous integration environment using source control, deployment scripting, job monitoring, etc.
- Developed VisualForce pages, Apex controllers, Batch Apex, Apex web services (REST and SOAP), and other programatic solutions on the Force.com platform
- Designed and built real-time and batch integrations with Salesforce.com, both point-to-point as well as via ETL-type middleware or message bus/service orchestrator
- Worked as a technical data analyst, pushing SQL to its limits to extract, synthesize, and analyze data from various systems across an enterprise
- Participated in business/functional requirements gathering as part of a software project and translated them into technical requirements and specifications
- Used one or more Atlassian products in a professional environment such as in an software development or project delivery organization
- A motivated self-starter that can work independently as well as with remote teams
- An idea contributor -- you see inefficient or unfriendly processes/systems, think of ways to improve them, and work to implement those ideas
- A team player -- you believe in knowledge sharing, collaborative problem solving, the value of multiple perspectives, and the value of your insight and input in the collaborative process
In 2002, our founders, Scott Farquhar and Mike Cannon-Brookes, set conventional wisdom on its ear by launching a successful enterprise...