PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING
The Energy Efficiency Sales Auditor is responsible for uncovering and qualifying eligible small business customers; performing lighting audits, analyzing and documenting the energy efficiency utility cost reduction measures. This highly visible and interactive customer-facing position includes in-person door-to-door prospecting of businesses, attending and participating in business, educational and community functions, scheduling and conducting site assessments. The Energy Efficiency Sales Auditor will produce and discuss the findings creating a customized proposal, and then sell those projects across the full spectrum of small business customer segments. This position requires a strong drive, along with a passion for energy efficiency and a determination to ensure that financial goals as well as meeting the program’s targeted energy reduction levels are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (included but are not limited to):
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERENCES:
- Finding and qualifying commercial companies eligible for program participation.
- Scheduling and performing on-site lighting audits.
- Preparing and presenting audit results and proposals for recommended energy conservation measures that includes the financial impact and project specific information.
- Selling proposals to meet or exceed sales and program’s energy efficiency objectives.
- Following up after project completion to ensure high customer satisfaction and quality installations.
- Developing and presenting a detailed weekly and rolling quarterly outbound lead generation and sales plan including in-person business outreach, event participation and telemarketing strategies.
- Researching assigned territory, markets or industries and to attend or participate in relevant meetings, networking, chamber of commerce and government events to assist in meeting the program and position goals
- Contributing to the deployment of program marketing and outreach, providing information to customers on available incentives and additional resources by possessing its thorough understanding and that of the surrounding energy efficiency marketplace.
- Maintaining strong ongoing communications with customers to assure their satisfaction and a strong referral base. Assist in obtaining customer surveys and testimonials for marketing.
- Ensuring all reporting, on-line audit results and daily data-entry requirements are met that will accurately describe all activities in the field, to help monitor progress towards achieving program goals, analyze marketing outreach efforts and the results of program design details.
- Systematically and effectively follow-up with potential leads, scheduled audits, presented proposals and completed jobs to assure high customer satisfaction and help achieve goals.
- Self-motivated and accountable; an “independent team player” with a sales and goal-oriented mentality.
- Outgoing personality with the ability to interact positively with people in business and social settings and provide excellent customer service.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and present energy efficiency concepts.
- Proven ability to conduct successful cold calls and generate quality leads.
- Local working knowledge of Maine’s Aroostook, Northern Penobscot, or Washington Counties is preferred.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) as well as sales management systems.
- Valid driver’s license and car.
- Associates Degree with 3-5 years sales experience or,
- Prior Military Service with Honorable Discharge with 3-5 years related experience or,
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communication, Engineering or a related field.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- 2-5 years of technically-oriented sales experience, a plus if in lighting or energy related fields
- Experience with energy auditing or commercial lighting a plus
- Understanding of building science applications, construction background or sales background a plus
- BPI Building Analyst Certification or LEED Certification a plus
- Significant field work requiring driving and/or walking
- 80% local travel with compensation package
- Attend events, meetings or business functions outside a 9 to 5 schedule
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Lime Energy is building a new energy future. As a leading national provider of energy efficiency for small business customers, Lime Energy...