The Company |
Samasource is an award-winning social enterprise with a huge vision - to connect the one billion people living in poverty around the world to work using technology. Samasource combines the fast-paced, results-driven culture of a tech start-up with the passion for alleviating global poverty of a non-profit. We like to move quickly and get things done - if you join us, you will be part of a dynamic team that is passionate about making an impact.
Samasource was founded in 2008 and is supported by major corporate and philanthropic funders including MasterCard, Google, eBay, Cisco, Rockefeller, Ford and the State Department. Headquartered in San Francisco ’s Mission District, Samasource has 30+ employees and gives work to thousands of people worldwide.
Samasource is looking for an Associate to help support it first US-based program, SamaUSA. Our first site in San Francisco°s Bayview Hunter°s Point neighborhood launched in early 2013. SamaUSA is an innovative workforce development program that helps low-income community college students find and succeed in online work. This internship is an opportunity to gain experience and learn what it ’s like to be a part of a fast-paced company with a big mission. This paid 10-week internship begins in June 2013.
- Assist in creating a comprehensive program manual for the SamaUSA model to help launch future sitesâ¨â¨
- Support SamaUSA team during the summer pilot in Bayview Hunter°s point, including assisting instructor with student supports and designing and writing resource guides
- Support SamaUSA general program operations and expansion planning
- Complete general research and writing projects as needed
- Entering final year of degree program with strong academic record or a recent graduate with a BA or BS from a top-tier university
- Comfort with a fast-paced, always-on, highly ambiguous start-up environment
- Proven track record with high standards of professionalism
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, highly organized
- Proficiency in MS Office, with experience working in a Mac environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Passionate about our mission to alleviate poverty by connecting people to digital work
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and able to commute to the San Francisco office for the duration of the internship
- Comfortable travelling to SamaUSA sites, including Bayview-Hunters Point in San Francisco
Samasource - 14 months ago