Under general supervision, the SameDay City Pick Up & Delivery (PUD) Courier provides courteous and efficient delivery and pick-up of packages and FedEx Office customer orders, checks shipments for conformance to FedEx features of service, and provides related customer service functions. Responsibilities are accomplished by driving a company vehicle and ensuring regular servicing and cleaning of vehicles is conducted. The Courier will receive route information from a centralized dispatcher and the dispatcher will have the ability to add or remove stops from the route as needed.
Schedule M-F 8a-4p
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive.)
- Receives daily route information from a centralized dispatcher via a company-provided handset.
- Drives a company vehicle to perform pick-up/delivery service for FedEx Office centers and for customers. Pick-up duties include driving to the customer’s place of business (or a FedEx Office center), receiving orders or packages and picking up supplies and inventory items from vendor’s place of business. Delivery duties include, but are not limited to, delivering finished orders or packages to customers (or a FedEx Office center) and distributing marketing materials as requested.
- Ensures quality of package delivery which includes strict compliance with safety regulations, policies and standards when handling perishables or other items requiring specialized handling including, but not limited to, dry ice, clinical samples and/or medical products.
- Ensures customers have adequate supplies of FedEx materials for shipping purposes.
- Ensures packages conform to FedEx Office and general FedEx features of service, proper labeling is provided, and all paperwork is complete, neat, and accurate. This specifically includes ensuring that all packages requiring special handling or transportation are properly packed and labeled so that such packages can be transported in accordance with established safety and regulatory procedures.
- Ensures quality service is provided during each customer interaction by providing efficient and professional delivery service, answering customer questions, resolving problems or concerns and interacting in a polite and caring manner.
- Answers customer questions on FedEx features of service and keeps customers informed about the company and its services.
- Operates company vehicle according to applicable motor vehicle regulations, company policy and auto insurance guidelines.
- Ensures the proper upkeep and maintenance of the vehicle by conducting regular servicing and cleaning procedures.
- Follows accident procedures and observes traffic laws.
- Adheres to FedEx Office company and vehicle safety policies and guidelines.
- Seeks additional business from current customers and attempts to gain new business.
- Scans packages according to prescribed procedures, demonstrates proficiency in features of service and equipment.
- Performs additional duties within the assigned center during non-delivery times.
- Maintains pick-up/delivery logs and vehicle maintenance logs to document duties performed.
- All other duties as needed or required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS :
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- Must be at least 19 years old and have a minimum of two years of driving experience
- Valid and current driver’s license
- Valid and current proof of insurance (even if the courier is only driving the company vehicle)
- Ability to comply with any specialized regulatory or licensing requirements, as determined by geographic location and/or work assignment; FedEx Office will communicate any specialized regulatory or licensing requirements during the hiring process
- Must meet and maintain the FedEx Office Motor Vehicle Requirements, to be audited annually
- Must attain satisfactory completion of specialized training regarding transportation of goods with special handling requirements including, but not limited to, dry ice, clinical samples and/or medical products
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring, including successful passing of background check
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to stand during entire shift, excluding meal and rest periods.
- Ability to move and lift 75 pounds and maneuver packages of any weight above 75 lbs with appropriate equipment and/or assistance from another person.
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to bend/twist at the waist and knees.
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to transport goods with special handling requirements including, but not limited to, dry ice, clinical samples and/or medical products.
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members.
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction.
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure.
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work with minimal supervision.
QUALITY DRIVEN MANAGEMENT (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
FedEx Office - 30+ days ago