Clinical Research Management, Inc. (CRM) is a full service Contract Research Organization. CRM contributes to the development of vaccines, drugs, and devices by offering high quality clinical and research support services including, but not limited to; Program Management, Project and Site Management, Clinical Data Management, Clinical Monitoring, Regulatory Support, Safety Oversight, Quality Management, Statistical Analysis & Reporting, Site Contracts & Payments, and a host of related services in the GMP, GLP, and GCP arenas. CRM has an immediate need for a Sand Fly Insectary Technician at WRAIR in Silver Spring, MD .
1. Perform technical duties, as described in SOP's to maintain colonies of sand flies.
2. Prepare food for sand fly colonies.
3. Work with the animals used for colony maintenance and research (particularly rodents).
4. Assist with laboratory experiments as directed by supervisor or SOP.
5. Perform routine housekeeping duties associated with maintaining a safe, clean and organized laboratory and other related tasks as required.
6. Demonstrate a technical competence for: all aspects of sand fly colony maintenance; laboratory skills required for assigned experiments; computer use and understanding of databases used in laboratory efforts.
7. Be familiar with BSL2 safety procedures, use personal protective equipment (PPE) in the laboratory, be familiar with WRAIR safety SOP’s, and attend annual safety courses offered by WRAIR.
8. Write/revise sand fly maintenance SOP's, update SOP’s as techniques and methods change.
9. Maintain equipment and supplies in the lab.
10. Train students and new employees how to maintain the different species of sand flies, use of PPE’s and safety SOP’s.
11. Monitor all phases of colony maintenance including safety practices by laboratory personnel.
12. Provide assistance to CRM Headquarters as needed on proposal writing projects and provide assistance with all job-related progress reports/technical reports.
13. Maintain a safe workplace ensuring that he/she is aware of and observes appropriate safety and occupational health rules and regulations. Employee is required to attend safety training relative to his/her position and report any infractions of safety procedures to the facility Safety Officer.
14. Performs light duties and other related duties as required and assigned.
1. Preferred B.S. in biologic science and specific training in biology, physiology, chemistry and microbiology.
2. Laboratory and animal handling experience and/or training is desirable, as candidate must be able to work with laboratory animals and live insects.
3. Must be able to lift insect cages weighing up to 5 pounds to shoulder height.
4. Must be able to work in facilities where insect and animal allergens may be present.
5. Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: knowledge of applicable highly complex scientific procedures and techniques relating to position, including capability to work in a laboratory.
6. Physical Capabilities: work may involve long periods of standing and handling of numerous chemicals and/or hazardous biological material.
7. Work Environment: laboratory environment; may require working evenings and weekends.
CRM currently offers the following benefits to full-time employees:
• Paid vacation, sick and holiday leave.
• Up to $3,000/year for Tuition Assistance.
• Up to $500/year for Professional Development Assistance.
• Health, Life & Disability Insurance.
• 401k Retirement Plan with Employer Match.
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Voluntary Benefits – Dental, Short-Term Disability & Supplemental Life Insurance.
• Other Benefits.
Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Candidates for positions under CRM’s contracts with the Department of Defense (DoD) will be required to pass one or more background/security investigations conducted by the DoD, U.S. Army, or other Federal Government agency. Such investigations may include criminal records and credit history checks.
CRM is an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity Employer
* Please submit only one resume per position.
** Contact will only be made if there is further interest.
*** All posted opportunities are full-time, unless otherwise stated.
**** All candidates can apply at www.clinicalrm.com under the career opportunities section by selecting the position of interest and then the “apply to this job” link at the bottom of the job posting.
Clinical Research Management - 10 months ago