Performs unskilled and limited semiskilled manual work of a routine nature, including the collection of residential refuse, trash and recycled items.
Works under the general guidance and direction of Sanitation Supervisor and/or crewleaderman.
Examples Of Essential Duties:
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
PERIPHERAL DUTIES: Can with the proper license (Class B CDL) perform duties as a back up Truck Driver/Crewleaderman.
- Collects refuse, including household garbage, green waste, white goods and waste oil.
- Operates packer control on truck.
- Cleans and empties trucks.
- Required to perform unskilled and semiskilled labor, such as maintaining Transfer Station building, grounds and recycling activities. Also required to work in confined space.
- Assist driver with the cleaning of refuse truck
- Assist with the city wide garbage bag distribution.
High School Diploma or GED. Six months refuse laborer experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ability to understand Hand Signals and follow oral instructions.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED: Required to wear protective clothing. Lifting belts, gloves, safety glasses and safety vests. Brooms, shovels, lawn mowers and grass edgers.
City of Deer Park, TX - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard