Supervises and coordinates activities of sanitation team members in a food processing facility. This position reports to the Sanitation Division Manager.
Includes but is not limited to the following:
- Cleans and inspects all process equipment for conformity to federal and state sanitation laws and plant standards in an efficient manner.
- Directs cleaning of equipment and work areas, including periodic checks of CIP equipment that does not get broken down daily, to check for effectiveness of cleaning.
- Works closely with chemical consultant in reviewing chemical usage and operating procedures as well as keeping abreast of new technology.
- Inspects premises for unsanitary practices and conditions.
- Maintains and keeps updated all chemical cleaning procedures.
- Maintains a Master Cleaning schedule to address non-routine cleaning duties.
- Works closely with Quality Assurance and Production management regarding any sanitation concerns.
- Confers with management and production personnel on sanitation problems, and recommends changes in equipment, plant layout, lighting, ventilation, or work practices to improve sanitation standards and effectiveness of process.
- Compiles required reports regarding regular inspections, sanitation violations, and steps taken to resolve deficiencies. Routes reports to designated plant personnel.
- Directly supervises a sanitation team of approximately 24 staff
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training permanent and temporary employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Candidate will be detailed oriented with above average organizational, verbal and written communication skills. Must be self-motivated, confident, energetic and possess the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment while displaying tact and diplomacy with peers and management alike in order to achieve goals. Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds on a regular basis and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts.
5-10 years of related experience with process equipment sanitation. Including exposure to all requirements of Microbial control and chemical and workforce safety.
Blount Fine Foods, Inc - 2 years ago