• Prefer Bachelors Degree in science related field (chemistry, biology, food science) or Registered Sanitarian.
• 5 years experience as a Supervisor in sanitation or manufacturing, food related industry is strongly preferred.
• Working knowledge of sanitation chemicals and water chemistry.
• Basic maintenance or mechanical skills for sanitation equipment (i.e. pumps.)
• Familiar with OSHA requirements for Material Safety Data Sheets.
• Basic first aid certification a plus.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to lead a sanitation team that is multi-lingual. Spanish speaking ability is a plus.
E.A. Sween Company is a stable, family-owned company that has been in business since 1955. We are based in Eden Prairie where we make and distribute Deli Express sandwiches. We are looking for a Sanitation Supervisor to work 3rd shift from approximately 9:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. Monday through Friday overnights, with some weekends required.
The Sanitation Supervisor is responsible for maintaining the integrity of product safety and quality by ensuring that the production environment is in compliance with regulatory requirements and company standards for cleanliness. This position has direct responsibility to ensure staff members complete all nightly sanitation functions properly.
• Execute assigned food safety, quality and continuous improvement activities to support SQF 2000, regulatory and customers’ requirements.
• Oversee the sanitation of the Eden Prairie facility ensuring all Deli Express and regulatory standards are followed according to Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Develop and implement a Master Cleaning Program schedule for sanitation.
• Develop and implement cleaning processes for new equipment and update and maintain cleaning processes for existing equipment processes.
• Supervise staff members and ensure standard sanitation processes are being followed.
• Provide overall supervision to sanitation workers including hiring, training, disciplining, conducting performance reviews
• Monitor, set and respond to the Company Security System during the 3rd shift and on the weekends.
• This position is the chemical authority for the manufacturing facility, equipment services, and offsite storage. The Sanitation Supervisor will develop and implement training to comply with OSHA requirements and the Right To Know program.
Deli Express - 5 months ago