This is a 3rd Shift Supervisor opening.
The Sanitation Supervisor supervises, directs, communicates, and implements sanitation strategies and objectives to ensure the achievement of the department’s goals. Specifically involving all operational functions including safety, food safety, quality, cost, and human resources involved in daily operation. Focuses for long term goals are planning and implementation of continuous improvement strategies. This individual will have direct oversight responsibilities for all day to day activities occurring on his/her shift.
- Participate in the GFSI/FSSC22000 yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures & corrective actions.
- Manage sanitation team personnel to ensure a daily on time production start up.
- Implement and sustain sanitation corrective action measures in response to environmental program findings.
- Generate continuous cost out in the sanitation department
- Train, lead, and monitor sanitation staff with the execution of pre-op cleaning inspections
- Manages all sanitation activities during her/his shift and their daily operations. Delivers production equipment and maintains production areas in acceptable and sanitary conditions to the production department with minimum disruption. Ensures 100% adherence to the sanitation master schedule.
- Reviews reports and resolves sanitation, production, operations, and downtime problems to ensure minimum cost and prevent operational delays.
- Partners with other functional areas to provide immediate solutions to safety, food safety, quality, cost, and human resources issues.
- Reviews microbiological data and provides solutions to deviations from standards.
- Works with QA Supervisors to make adjustments to the master sanitation program to eliminate re-occurring deficiencies.
- Supports the maintenance and production supervision in establishing working schedules for Preventative maintenance and production needs.
- Ensures daily, weekly, monthly records/reports are accurately maintained.
- Ensures newly hired/transferred employees are properly trained to perform assigned duties.
- Interviews, evaluates, and hires prospective employees.
- Establishes and practices positive discipline policies and procedures and works with HR to resolve disciplinary issues as needed.
- In concert with individual team leaders, establishes accountabilities and goals used for performance evaluation.
- Observes and evaluates employee performance and provides appropriate performance feedback.
- Reports any human resources issues to management.
- Keeps employees up to date regarding departmental, factory, and company performance, issues and information.
- Participates in the implementation of advanced sanitation technology and methods to improve labor costs and promote sanitation master schedule adherence.
- Suggests and leads changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiencies, improve sanitation chemical yields, improve microbiological results, and optimize labor resources.
- Meets department budget goals.
- Ensures department adheres to established safety guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned
The Sanitation Supervisor must possess knowledge of and understand the following:
- The policies and procedures related to production area and sanitary conditions.
- The process for resolving sanitation problems in productions and operations.
- How sanitation influences to other issues such safety, quality, and cost.
- Solutions to microbiological problems.
- Adjustments to the master sanitation program can eliminate re-occurring problems.
- The job duties and responsibilities of the employees in the sanitation department.
- The policies and procedures regarding the new hires process.
- The job duties and responsibilities of the incumbents in the sanitation department.
- The current events of the department, factory, and company performance.
- The policies and procedures for developing a capital investment justification of machines, tools, and process technology.
- How to utilize advanced sanitation technology and methods.
- The optimal working conditions for increased efficiencies and methods that improve sanitation yields, microbiological results and optimize labor resources.
- Plant’s safety guidelines, policies, procedures, etc.
The Sanitation Supervisor must possess the following skills :
- Implements sanitary activities according to sanitation master schedule.
- Detect sanitation downtime problems by reviewing reports.
- Collaborate with other departments regarding safety, food safety quality, cost and other issues
- Communicates with managers in regard to human resource issues.
- Communicate current events related to plant.
- Complete assigned tasks on time and with minimal errors and waste.
- Suggests changes to increase production, e.g. human resources.
- Review and interpret microbiological data.
- Create working schedules for Preventative maintenance and production needs.
- Ensure accuracy of recording and reporting.
- Prepare new employees to fulfill their job duties and responsibilities effectively.
- Improve quality, increase efficiency reduce or eliminate waste, improve cycle times, and enhance safety.
- Budget and meet departmental goals.
- Perform all assigned job duties in a safe and proper manner.
The Sanitation Supervisor must possess the following minimal education and experience :
- BS in food science/industrial engineering/chemical engineering/Business Management or equivalent experience with additional college-level courses in chemistry and management subjects preferred.
- Three years supervisory experience in food sanitation.
- Ability to communicate proficiently in English in verbal and written forms.
- Ability to speak Spanish or Somali a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Dianne's Fine Desserts - 5 months ago