This position works Mon - Fri, shift typically starts at 5am, but is subject
to change due to business needs.
This position requires a self directed, team oriented individual who will perform the tasks necessary to maintain the degree of cleanliness and sanitary conditions within the plant in order to adhere to government requirements and ensure the highest attainable level of product safety. Potential candidates for this position must posses a moderate level of technical abilities and be capable of completing specialized safety training.
- Break down, clean and sanitize food-processing equipment.
- Regularly work in confined spaces such as dryers, product and semolina silos.
- Perform general cleaning and maintenance of structural components such as walls, floors, HVAC units and ductwork, lights, pipes, windows, and ceilings.
- Regularly clean and maintain auxiliary rooms, structures and outside areas of facility.
- Properly mix and safely apply cleaning and sanitizing chemicals when necessary.
- Maintain and complete OSHA, food safety and HACCP paperwork associated with the position.
- Periodically perform or participate in GMP or Food Safety audits. Effectively communicate results and corrective actions as required.
- Ensure that equipment is properly maintained in order to produce safe, quality and legal product.
- Ensure compliance with all safety programs and maintain hazard free work areas
- Use sound judgment and exercise caution to insure personal safety and the safety of others.
- Communicate effectively with other Team Members and across the functions to support a self-directed work environment.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills as well as basic math skills. Must be able to interact with all plant personnel.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Should be familiar with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), HACCP, basic OSHA safety regulations and posses a minimum of 6 months experience in a food manufacturing facility.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and to work at high elevations, in confined areas, in extreme heat and cold and in outside conditions on a regular basis.
- Must be able to navigate numerous flights of stairs/ladders on a continual basis.
- Must posses the ability to learn how to operate a variety of sanitation equipment (i.e. floor scrubbers, man lifts, high pressure washers, fork trucks, etc.).
- Must posses the ability to use a variety of hand tools such as scrapers, air hose, ladders, wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.