As a member of the Saratoga Race Course security staff, you will be responsible for preserving order within and around the Race Course grounds and for protecting both the property and the people within the grounds.
During the race meet, the hourly rate is $10.00 per hour. There is a late afternoon and night shift differential of 5% and 10% respectively.
- Foot patrol of tracks, buildings and stable areas. Detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows and gates on all NYRA premises.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departures of employees, patrons, vendors and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of NYRA premises.
- Journal entries of daily activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences or events.
- Notify supervisor of control desk in cases of emergency, such as accidents, injuries, fires or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Circulate among the visitors, patrons and employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Answer questions, give directions and provide information to visitors, patrons and employees.
- Screen individuals upon entering NYRA property and prevent passage of prohibited articles into and onto NYRA premises.
- Inform individuals of rule infraction or violation and apprehend or evict violators from NYRA property when appropriate.
- Escort or drive motor vehicle to transport individuals with proper authorization to specified locations and provide personal protection.
- Control motor vehicle traffic and crowd control to ensure safety of all individuals.
- Guard armored vehicle to transport money and valuables.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work up to and including 6 days/week.
- At least 18 years of age.
- A High School diploma, or GED required.
- NYS Security Guard license is a plus, although paid training will be provided.
- Willing and able to stand for long hours inside or outside in extreme temperatures.
The New York Racing Association, Inc. is a private, non-profit association that owns and operates the three largest racetracks in New York:...