The person in this position is responsible and accountable for the day-to-day operations of the outpatient clinic(s). The usual managerial functions of evaluation, control, planning and financial oversight are expected to guide the activities of the person in this position. Monitors patient volumes and performance of staff to ensure efficient and effective operations. Sets up new clinics as necessary (i.e., business license, equipment, utilities). Understands financials and is able to prepare fiscal reports for accountable areas. Leads people and sets a positive example.
- Education: Bachelor degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Experience: At least three (3) years directly related experience, preferably in a healthcare environment. Prior supervisory/management experience preferred . Demonstrated strong leadership and problem-solving abilities.
1. Identifies and evaluates on an on-going basis the day-to-day operations and establishes goals in collaboration with management, staff and physicians, as appropriate.
2. Identifies the necessary resources to achieve goals of the outpatient clinic(s) and negotiates an appropriate and timely solution.
3. Assists in developing, presenting and managing the operational portion of outpatient clinic(s) budget.
4. Monitors financial operations of clinic(s) and ensures effective cost controls.
5. Works in collaboration with physicians and other management to insure quality capital equipment purchases that meet clinic practice needs.
6. Plans, coordinates and sets up new clinic operations, including moving equipment/supplies, setting up utilities, filing for business license, etc.
7. Prepares reports and other information, as needed, to analyze clinic performance measures (i.e., patient volume, patient satisfaction) to ensure effective and efficient operations.
8. Delegates appropriately to staff in keeping with job descriptions and standards of practice.
9. Uses resources in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
10. Participates in peer review.
11. Participates in developing other staff.
12. Maintains and develops own professional competencies.
13. Maintains and promotes a team spirit through active cooperation and collaboration.
14. Assists in interdepartmental service coordination.
15. Actively participates in the Performance Improvement and Utilization Review programs.
16. Assumes a leader role in the maintenance of the patient-focused care delivery system.
17. Assists in directing and guiding staff in the coordination of clinic operations.
18. Attends 80% of in-services and departmental meetings.
19. Completes employee evaluation(s) in a timely manner per company policy.
Arkansas Heart Hospital - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard