State: New Jersey
Postal/Zip Code: 07885
“Safety, Integrity, Quality are the foundation or core values on which Tilcon New York Inc., an Oldcastle Materials Company operates. Located in New York and New Jersey, Tilcon New York Inc. is an integrated materials company with multiple quarry locations, water terminals, heavy highway construction division, asphalt and recycle plants. Tilcon manufactures sells and ships, made in the USA, products of crushed stone, asphalt, sand, gravel and recycled materials throughout New York, New Jersey, and some areas of Pennsylvania. Growth opportunity, professional development and a culture of support and resources are provided to each employee for their personal growth and success within Tilcon New York Inc., and the Oldcastle Materials Group.
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, Tilcon New York Inc., has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you! As a Part-time Scale House Operator you will be responsible for record keeping, customer truck weights and generate and maintain shipping records. This position is very customer service oriented and requires professionalism, responsibility, and dependability it requires the employee to perform a wide variety of support functions for aggregate and asphalt.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities
Education / Professional Experience
- Weigh customer trucks.
- Verify that material, truck number and destination of material are accurate.
- Verify that tickets are signed.
- Check truck for proper weight, that tarp is in position and that the truck is not spilling material.
- Maintain empty weight of trucks.
- Daily preparation of tickets, checks, credit card slips and cash receipts for Account Receivable Department.
- Answer phones.
- Advise Manager of any scale or computer problems.
- Understand and comply with Tilcon New York Inc., and Oldcastle Procedures, policies and process.
- Assist other departments as requested or assigned.
- Performs related duties as require.
- High School diploma or equivalent plus at least (6) month’s experience in clerical work.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the preferred knowledge, skills and abilities.
What Tilcon New York Inc offers you
- Basic computer skills; experience with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel preferred.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Bilingual a plus but not required.
- Willing to work flexible hours, overtime is mandatory.
- Must have reliable means of transportation.
- Must be able to use rational reasoning to solve practical problems.
- Highly competitive base pay.
- 401k plan.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Paid time off.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Tilicon New York Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Tilicon New York Inc. is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle - 20 months ago
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...