Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Sunflower Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Sunflower the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been blooming at Sunflower since our inception in 2002 - yours should be no different!
The Scanning Coordinator is responsible for maintaining price files, shelf tag accuracy, and signage for our stores. They oversee item pricing and merchandise additions and deletions. They are required to assist customers as needed and maintain a friendly, energetic demeanor. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines set by the Store Support Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Maintains all shelf tags for product items, replaces and updates as necessary.
- Activates price changes daily in the computer.
- Executes timely promotions ensuring that sale items are accurately tagged and information is coordinated with department managers.
- Informs Support Staff and Store Director concerning any scanning inaccuracies and errors.
- Works with customers to fulfill their needs, requests, and special orders.
- Responds to customer suggestions and complaints.
- Prepares and submits all required paperwork and reports.
- Assists with the upkeep of the cleanliness of the store by mopping, sweeping, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalency degree.
- Preferred 1 -2 years grocery retail experience in Store Support department processes and procedures.
- Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Ability to adapt to the ever changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems arise.
- Flexibility to adapt in a variety of situations.
- Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
- Must have knowledge with MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is essential.
- Must be familiar with Health Department guidelines and regulations as they pertain to a grocery retail environment.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
- The potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional high stress when dealing with systems/customers/staff.
Sunflower Farmers Market - 2 years ago
University of New Mexico
University of New Mexico
- 4 days ago