Project Services Group, LLC has an opening for a two-year assignment to provide schedule management services to U.S. Department of Energy West Valley Demonstration Project (WVDP) personnel for the acquisition, project management, maintenance and control of the integrated Federal Life Cycle Baseline.
The scope of work includes:
Schedule Management Services - Federal Baseline and Contractor Baseline
- Assist WVDP personnel to maintain the Federal Baseline, control and make revisions to the approved schedule and the associated cost impacts related to federal changes.
- Schedule assessments, which will include all planned work activities, associated durations and interdependencies with other project work to ascertain cost and schedule impacts associated with proposed federal changes and judge for reasonableness.
- Work will involve evaluation of the current approved federal schedule (work activities along with their associated durations, required resources, predecessor and successor activities) and cost as planned prior to the changes requested by the FPDs.
- Schedule assessment will evaluate the merits of the logic, durations and relationships that make up the critical path and ability to assess the basis of the critical path.
- Written evaluation will describe the impact of changes on the critical path and provide a qualitative, expert opinion regarding actions taken by the cleanup contractor to mitigate the impacts of changes on the overall schedule/cost of the project.
Schedule Management Services - HQ and Contractor Deliverables and Reviews Support
- Report and update schedule status, report schedule variances, conduct critical path and float analysis, resource-load schedule and Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), maintain WBS data dictionary and assess schedule risk using schedule and schedule-related metrics to monitor progress and track and document schedule impacts.
- Monitor progress, track and document schedule impacts using current versions of Microsoft Office, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Primavera software.
- Identify, review and analyze actual or potential scheduling and planning and execution problems.
- Evaluate, monitor and participate in detailed performance analysis of schedule management systems.
- Maintain current program management policies and procedures to support WVDP.
- Annually perform formal surveillances per DOE O 413.b and ANSI/EIA-748B as planned for the contractor baselines.
- Support reviews of Capital Asset Projects, which includes reviewing the federal baseline schedule and other support documents to ensure integration (e.g., Project Execution Plan, IPT Charter, Risk Management Plan).
- Support any Reviews of Operations Activities, which includes reviewing the contractor's baseline schedule and other support documents to ensure integration (e.g., Project Management Plan, Project Execution Plan, Basis of Estimate and WBS Dictionary, Staffing Analysis, and Risk Management Plan).
- Support tasks and deliverables including integrating working schedule with the approved Federal Baseline; updating Federal Baseline to incorporate changes with DOE's approval; providing DOE with a monthly written analysis of the working schedule.
- Participate in time sensitive data calls that come in on a regular basis and need support to complete. Generally required for EM-50 Office of Acquisition & Project Management and EM-60 Office of Program Planning & Budget.
- Run "what-if" scenarios to support development of annual budget requests.
- Run schedule and cost scenarios when funding impacts become a concern or issue.
- Submit requested reviews of REAs and/or BCPs as requested.
- Activity status report by the end of each month describing activities accomplished for project.
- Summary and/or all supportive documents resulting from any Review of Capital Asset Projects.
- Summary and/or all supportive documents resulting from Review of Operations Activities.
- Summary and/or all supportive documents resulting from review of Project Baseline, Staffing Analysis, Project Management Plan and Risk Management Plan.
- Maintain Federal Baseline under change control.
- Provide a monthly written analysis of the working schedule.
- Support all data calls on time and with quality data.
Project Management Institute - 15 months ago
Project Services Group, LLC (PSG) was founded in 2003 to meet the ever-increasing demand for specialized professional services in the...