Scheduler IBEW 160-24073
We anticipate the need for one or more Schedulers to be located at the Monticello Nuclear Generating Plant.
At Xcel Energy, our customers' quality of life depends on the energy we provide. Every time they flip a switch or turn a dial, they tap into the energy of over 12,000 people working to make life better. As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers.
- Responsible for administering the Plant Surveillance Program to include scheduling, reviewing, documenting and identifying Plant surveillance and ensuring all surveillance are completed prior to exceeding their grace period.
- Provide information technology support for the Work Management Process to include evaluations, research and coordination of enhancements and upgrades to various Work Management programs.
- Monitor work order process and facilitate resolutions to timely progression of work packages through the required status and review updates.
- Responsible for administering the Work Management Short Cycle and Fill-in Work (FIW) processes to include authorization and coordination of the responsible Work Groups performing short cycled work.
- Interface with all departments on site and update and progress the schedules.
- Generate and maintain scheduling databases reports and KPI's, exclusive of major I/T projects.
- Participate in scheduling meetings and assist Workweek Coordinator in resolving issues.
Xcel Energy has become a leader in the energy industry by demonstrating excellence in environmental performance. Our environmental commitment includes improving air quality, conserving resources, harnessing renewable energy, and protecting wildlife and habitats.
Xcel Energy's vitality comes from our people. It takes professionals in engineering, customer service, linemen, marketing and sales professionals, energy traders, mechanics, finance and accounting professionals and many others to power our company. We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs that include a range of options and coverage levels.
Associate's Degree in a technical field, 2-4 years of college level courses in technical and business-related fields, or equivalent power plant experience.
5 years Nuclear Power Plant experience desirable.
The successful candidate will need to live within 60 minutes of the plant, in order to meet Emergency Response criteria.
A condition of employment will be successfully obtaining and maintaining General Security Clearance and a Nuclear Security Clearance for unescorted access to Xcel Energy nuclear plants including successful completion of nuclear General Access Training (GAT) and the nuclear security screening process (typically consists of an alcohol/drug screen, a criminal history check, a psychological assessment, initial credit and background investigation and periodic credit & criminal history checks).
Primary Location: MN-Monticello
Union Position: Bargaining
Xcel Energy - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Xcel Energy has accelerated its energy engine in utility markets across the US. The utility holding company distributes electricity to 3.4...