Graphic Packaging International, Inc. (NYSE: GPK), is a premier paperboard packaging company serving the food, beverage and consumer product markets. We also are a leading producer of labels, bags and specialty packaging. Our packaging is used everyday by many of the world’s best-known brands and our growing markets include microwave packaging, heat-transfer labels and sustainable packaging.
We believe that our vision -- to provide packaging solutions that improve the world in which we live -- can be achieved by delivering true value to our customers, building a high performance culture for our employees, creating superior returns for our shareholders, and by being an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities in which we operate.
Headquartered near Atlanta, Georgia, in the U.S., Graphic Packaging has over 15,000 employees working in more than 60 locations in North and South America, Europe and Asia. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry to reward the talented people who make our company successful. We invite you to review the following employment opportunity and to learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
We offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry. With competitive base salaries, 401(k) plans and benefit offerings, we strive to reward talented people who make our company successful.
MISSION / SUMMARY:
Mission is to maximize customer service metrics and mill throughput while minimizing costs. Specifically responsible for all aspects of trimming, scheduling and sequencing assigned paper machines. Candidate must have demonstrated knowledge of production scheduling and inventory management, as well as analytical and reporting skills. The Scheduler Planner must earn the respect and build professional relationships with CSR’s, mill and plant employees, and corporate staff. Function as a team member in a high pace, time sensitive environment. Positive communication with team members and management is imperative.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- Originate the daily production schedule for all assigned paper machines according to mill cycle policies, customer requirements, VMI programs and planned outages. Participates in operations and critical material meetings.
- Exceed customer service metrics and support mill throughput targets, while minimizing costs including: trim loss, warehousing, transportation, and inventory.
- Identify opportunities to improve trim utilization. Generate other cost savings & service improvement ideas.
- Foster effective communication with CSR’s, mill & converting plant leadership, and corporate staff.
- Conduct analysis and provide reporting from Optivision system including: schedules, trim efficiency, backlogs, oddlot programs and others as assigned. The Scheduler Planner will be a subject matter expert in Optivision and be a resource for others.
- Conduct periodic analysis of stock roll sizes, and recommend changes.
- Support local execution of oddlot repatriation programs.
- Participate in Lean & Six Sigma projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties and functions as appropriate.
- 3 – 5 years of supply chain operations, production scheduling, and inventory management.
- Experience in paper or other industries utilizing block schedules is a plus.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, logistics or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced computer skills including a significant understanding of GPI systems including: SAP, Optivision, Panther, etc.
- Must have functional knowledge of shop floor reporting systems.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Access, and other analytical software tools.
- Report writing capability using desktop tools, Crystal Reports and other tools.
- APICS CPIM designation is preferred.
- Work involves confidential and sensitive information. Discretion is essential.
- Ability to work independently and maintain a positive, team-based attitude in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, detail orientation, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, collaborate and communicate with all levels of employees and management.
- Positive verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer-service skill and focus.
- Ability to use technology to resolve business issues.
- Minimal travel expected.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, natural origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Graphic Packaging - 18 months ago
Ever toted a 12-pack home? If so, you can appreciate Graphic Packaging Holding Company's (GPHC) work. Operating subsidiary Graphic...