Handles all inbound calls to schedule medical center outpatient services including but not limited to diagnostic and treatment services, clinic and/or practice services and other ancillary outpatient services, in a prompt and courteous manner, ensuring that the correct service is ordered and that services are scheduled in a timely and professional manner.
- CPAT or CPC preferred
- Associate’s degree preferred
- 2 year or more of hospital/physician practice scheduling, patient access or revenue cycle experience preferred; previous scheduling experience strongly preferred.
- Must have e xcellent and demonstrated interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in a suite of Microsoft Office applications – specifically, WORD and EXCEL, required.
- Must have advanced problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, including telephone and negotiation skills, required.
- Understanding of the registration/patient access process, scheduling, medical necessity/pre-authorization, billing and collection protocols strongly preferred.
- Understanding of desired workflow and principles preferred.
- Medical terminology – familiarity with ICD9/10, CPT4 and DRG codes -- preferred.
- Familiarity with medical center and physician practice services and processes preferred.
MaineGeneral Health - 2 years ago