The Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the scheduling process for Certified Nursing Assistants, Medication Administration Assistants, and Nurses and performs other clerical duties.
The Scheduling Clerk is accountable to the Nursing Home Administrator.
1. Coordinates scheduling process in accordance to department policy and Bargaining Unit Agreement.
a) Finds staff to cover openings as needed.
b) When authorized by DON and NHA, offers overtime and trades to meet needs in a cost effective manner.
c) Creates and maintains master schedule utilizing consistent staffing guidelines.
d) Develops and posts current schedules. Posts changes to the schedule daily or as needed.
e) Develops daily schedules in advance and keeps them current.
f) Processes, in accordance with policies and procedures, staff requests for vacation, LOAs, switches, FMLA, etc.
g) Identifies open positions with DON and NHA. Prepares open-position requisitions for Human Resources, and communicates with Human Resources to help fill the positions.
2. Monitors attendance.
a) Tracks attendance and tardiness.
b) Informs Supervisors of need for possible corrective action.
c) Review payroll print-outs, informs Nursing Home Administrator of discrepancies.
3. Creates reports to track and trend scheduling adjustments as well as overtime. Also, assists in providing input into corrective action related to attendance.
4. Performs other similar duties, as needed.
1. Performs clerical functions.
a) Assists with filing in nursing office.
b) Completes other clerical duties for the department as needed.
c) Works on special projects as needed.
2. Performs other duties as assigned.
Hours for shift will be 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM, and may vary depending on need.
1. Ability to carry out responsibilities in a quality professional manner which results in the effective and efficient work flow throughout the department.
2. Ability to use office equipment including computers and word processing software.
3. Ability to communicate with the public/visitor contacts in a cordial, friendly and helpful manner.
4. Ability to organize, prioritize, maintain, and file work and records accurately. Has a keen sense for attention to detail and accuracy.
5. Ability to work in a partnership environment which fosters effective teamwork in meeting the mission of Oakwood.
6. Ability to work independently and make sound decisions.
7. Ability to handle confidential information.
8. Ability to be helpful, understanding and empathetic toward the residents.
9. Willingness to accept weekend and occasional overtime hours.
EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING
1. High school education or equivalency preferred.
2. Previous similar experience preferred.
3. Previous computer experience preferred.
4. Certified nursing assistant experience preferred.
Oakwood Village - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Helping older adults lead lives of growth, happiness, health and security has been the focus of Oakwood Lutheran Senior Ministries for more...