Scheduling Coordinators obtain clinician availability each month and prepare complete hospital schedules. They may be expected to recruit for part-time clinicians depending on the region. Schedules must all be entered into the Company database and distribute (fax, email, mail) to the appropriate EmCare staff, clinicians and hospital personnel. They must fill all open shifts and emergency openings as they arise. Scheduling Coordinators are responsible for after hour's on-call duty on a rotating basis which varies according to office location. They also reconcile and track clinician work hours for all clinicians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compose standard number of hospital schedules based on the region workload.
- Support Medical Director at site-scheduled contracts as needed.
- Educate clinicians on scheduling protocols and guidelines.
- Develop strong relationships with clinicians via the phone.
- Establish strong relationships with team-members.
- Negotiate with clinicians.
- Provide various reports to management.
- Reconcile clinician hours each month and submit reports to payroll department.
- On-call responsibility.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
Effective information systems security is a team effort involving the participation and support of every EmCare employee who deals with information and/or information systems. It is the responsibility of every Information Systems employee to: Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Comply with Information Systems security policies, standards and procedures. Use all available protections to safeguard computer systems under their charge from unauthorized access. Report all suspicious requests, incidents, and situations
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- 6-12 months internal (EmCare) scheduling experience is required.
- Recruiting experience in previous position a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to show independent proficiency scheduling for a ‘full load’ of hospital schedules based on the region workload and distribution norm.
- Proven success with all of the following:
- communication skills
- develop strong relationships with clinicians via the phone
- managing details
- able to multi-task
- work independently
- meet stringent deadlines in a fast-paced team environment
- handling conflict
- works well under pressure