Under the direction of the Patient Access Supervisor, admits, registers, and pre-registers patients in a courteous, professional and timely manner. Conducts patients/guarantor interviews, explains hospital policies, collects and assists patients with their financial responsibilities, and informs patients on bill of rights.
Insures all necessary demographic and financial data is obtained, and accurately documented into the manual or Invision system. Verifies insurance via the electronic verification system or contacts the insurance payers for verification of eligibility and benefits. Ensures that any pre-certification/authorization is obtained to meet individual payer payment protocols. Assists patients with a financial screening assessment for eligibility with the EPCHD programs.
1. Ability to deal tactfully with Associates, patients, visitors and the general public.
2. Basic computer literacy and keyboarding skills required.
3. Effective written and verbal communication skills required.
4. Analytical and problem-solving skills required.
5. Knowledge of commercial and managed care payors and terminology.
6. Bilingual English/Spanish required.
A. Work Experience:
One year office and/or customer service experience required with knowledge of basic office equipment and computer software programs. Healthcare or financial background preferred.
B. Education and Training:
High school diploma or equivalent. Training or educational background with medical terminology and familiarity with ICD9 coding preferred.
University Medical Center of El Paso - 19 months ago