WS Packaging's Mason location is looking for a Scheduler for 1st Shift.
The individual that holds this role will be known as the order engineer. This individual(s) should have technical understanding of the products, equipment standards and resources available to produce a plants product lines. They are responsible to provide shop floor with complete and accurate information enabling uninterrupted and flawless execution.
FLSA Status: Exempt or Non-Exempt
Planning (Preflight Stage)
- Based on plant specified parameters, the preflight is forwarded to order engineer for review
- Order Engineer reviews preflight.
o Recommends changes for better production results (incorporated into the proof output)
o Addresses any questions that may have been asked by the preflighter
- If new die is needed, determine whether a die line is needed:
o If yes, completes die request form and forwards to prepress for die line creation.
o If no, completes die request form and forwards to the tooling specialist.
Master Estimates (Approved method of manufacturing an item or group of items)
- Create master estimates for repeat items or product types
- Add any relevant notes that are needed each time produced
- Make updates to master estimates as needed
Production Job (through hub order processing)
- Create production job using either a sales or master estimate as the basis
- Maximize make ready efficiencies on press by combining like items into one production run using taking following into consideration:
o New vs. repeat item
o Customer required dates
o Sales Order Item Coating Sequence Report
- Based on knowledge of product and equipment, create production job with proper work centers and layout
- Add any relevant notes that are needed for this production run
- Review works instructions for completeness and accuracy
- Create job jacket for the production job and forward to plate dept.
- Receive change order request from customer service
- Makes the required change in the product estimate and reconfirms the production job (pushes change to purchasing and scheduling)
- Reserve the sales order change to the update production job
- Advised CSR that change has been completed
- All backorders receive a new job number
- This individual is involved in the creation of the back order and any specific notes associated with it
May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Requires a high school diploma or certificate of equivalency of a high school degree.
Requires a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in scheduling/estimating.
Must have manufacturing experience.
Works in an office environment.
This position reports to the Value Stream Managers
This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
WS Packaging Group, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce.
WS Packaging Group, Inc. - 13 months ago