***Position is 2:00pm - 6:00pm daily. Chauffer's license required***
Accepts the philosophy of the classroom and works as part of the teaching team to encourage a positive learning environment for all children within the center. Performs duties that are instructional in nature or delivers direct services to students or parents. Serves in a position for which a teacher or another professional has ultimate responsibility for the design and implementation of educational programs and services by performing the following duties.
- Tutors and assists children individually or in small groups in order to help them master assignments and to reinforce learning concepts presented by teachers.
- Supervises children in classrooms, halls, school yards, and on field trips.
- Enforces administration policies and rules governing children.
- Organizes and leads activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, and field trips.
- Observes and evaluates children's performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Discusses assigned duties with classroom teachers in order to coordinate instructional efforts.
- Instructs and monitors children in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injuries and damage.
- Presents subject matter to children under the direction and guidance of teachers, using lectures, discussions, or supervised role-playing methods.
- Organizes and labels materials, and displays childrens work in a manner appropriate for their eye levels and perceptual skills.
- Provides a superior level of care to all children to meet standards for developmentally appropriate practices.
- Responsible for posting daily communications to keep parents informed of events.
- Acts as a team player and communicates effectively and in a professional manner to both internal and external customers.
- Uses curriculum and enhancements continually to support the company’s educational philosophy.
- Responsible for contributing to and follows through with all lesson plans.
- Responsible for observing and assessing children’s needs and development.
- Practices appropriate discipline techniques as established by the company and state licensing.
- Ensures all classrooms areas, including outside play area and bathrooms are in a proper and clean manner.
- Attends, participates, and contributes to staff meetings, trainings, and center events as scheduled.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivelant required
- State specific requirements for position required
- 2+ years of early childhood education experience
- Understanding of developmentally appropriate practice in early childhood education
- Ability to respond appropriately in an emergency situation required
- Current chauffer's license or willingness to obtain required
- Ability to be flexible in assignment and work hours required
- CPR/First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain desirable
- Must be willing to float between all classrooms in the center.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and travel.
At The Children's Workshop we're not a large company with a cookie-cutter approach. Each of our programs is unique and designed to reflect...