Drives bus to transport passengers over established routes with designated stops according to pre-arranged time schedules. Develops and maintains favorable working relationships with parents, school personnel, students, other Trinity Transportation Drivers and other Trinity personnel.
- Transport pupils between designated pickup points and school and returns them to designated drop-off points.
- As necessary, assists passengers on and off bus.
- Maintains student passenger headcount on bus at all times.
- Instructs passengers regarding Trinity Transportation Bus Safety Rules.
- Enforces Trinity Transportation Bus Safety Rules in a firm, consistent manner.
- Informs Dispatcher immediately and documents any disciplinary actions taken to enforce Bus Safety Rules.
- Regulates heating, lighting, and ventilating systems for passenger comfort.
- Complies with local traffic regulations; drives safely in all situations.
- Monitors traffic and weather conditions and notifies dispatch of potential problems, delays, possible accidents, or other situations using radio, or similar device.
- Reports accidents, or pupil injuries to designated Trinity Dispatcher.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and compliance with bus transportation rules and regulations promulgated by local, state and federal agencies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the geographic service areas of assigned school district.
- Completes pre-trip and post-trip inspections according to written procedure.
- On a daily basis, or after each trip, completes Daily Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR) and submits it to Maintenance Shop.
- Ensures that the DVIR has been acted-on and that all repairs have been signed off on by driver.
- On a daily basis, turns-in all signed DVIRs to the Dispatcher.
- Ensures that bus is parked correctly on Trinity Transportation lot.
- Ensures that vehicle fuel tank is filled at end of trip.
- Cleans interior of bus, washes windows after each trip.
- Notifies dispatcher of any civil driving infraction, receipt of traffic ticket, suspension of license, expiration of driving credentials, etc. as soon as it occurs.
- Must have a high school diploma/GED.
- Must possess a valid MI CDL Drivers License with proper endorsements (P and S).
- Must be able to complete all required forms, including trip sheets, pre/post bus inspections sheets, and vehicle inspection report clearly and in a legible manner.
- Must be able to speak fluent English.
- Must be able to operate and communicate clearly on a telephone and/or a two-way radio.
- Medium Exert force of 20-50 lbs. occasionally, 10-25 lbs. frequently, or up to 10 lbs. constantly.
Trinity Transportation Group (TTG) takes pride in executing transportation management programs for our clients that significantly reduce...