Job Title: School Business Manager
Starting Salary: $51,338-$84,238/year
Work Year/Schedule: 230 Day Position, equivalent to 8 hours/5 days a week
Denver Public Schools is currently creating a pool of candidates for future business manager openings in the schools. This position is responsible for setting the strategic direction, organization, management and implemetation of a comprehensive business, finance, and operations model for a school.
Oversees other school management and planning functions such as management of non-educational staff, grant development, community based organization networking, postsecondary financial opportunities, and facility enhancements.
1. Collects, reviews, and processes financial information and creates necessary financial reports.
Maintains as established, all aspects of a complete set of financial records, ensuring accurate and timely processing Develop with input from administrators and staff a complete and integrated budget including all funds available to the school. Oversight of the following financial processes:
2. Acts as a liaison to staff on designated financial activities, and provides training, technical direction and guidance on bookkeeping and financial procedures and practices, as directed.
- Accounts payable/receivables
- Journal entries and ledgers
- Account reconciliations
- Student Activity Fund
3. Develops and maintains effective working relationships with general accounting and other departments.
4. Acts to consistently ensure the accuracy, confidentiality and security of designated financial records. Keeps the immediate supervisor informed of all exceptions, variances or violations to established
5. Creates and oversees the Facility Schedule and Master Calendar
6. Provides oversight and acts as liaison to the following District Departments and/or functions within the school, providing broad direction as well as individual support and management.
7. Develops and maintains staff and student handbooks. Communicates details with appropriate constituents.
- Food and Nutrition Services
- Technology Services
- Facility Management
- Safety and Security
- School of Choice
- Student Services
8. Facilitates school communication with students, parents and the community through creation and implementation of targeted communications strategies.
9. Assigns work and provides technical direction and guidance to secretarial/reception positions.
10. Performs other related duties, including special projects, as required or requested.
Bachelor’s Degree with a major in business administration, accounting or a related field. MBA or CPA preferred. Five (5) or more years of experience in financial and operational management in an educational setting
Additional Job Notes: Working closely with the Parent/ Community.
Denver Public Schools - 21 months ago
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is...