Join our movement
At Success Academy, we make history every single day. Our schools rank in the top 1% in math and top 7% in reading among all New York schools. 100% of all scholars passed the 2013 science exam with 99% earning the highest possible rating. We provide an exploration driven curriculum for grades K-8, focused on the whole child. Chess, art, and other specialized subjects bring excitement to the school day and foster a lifelong love of learning. Our communities are calling for more, and we are meeting this urgent demand with rapid expansion.
Are you ready to join this movement and make an indelible mark on education reform across New York City?
We are seeking an ambitious School Community Relations Coordinator to join our Success Academies team!
Reporting to the School Business Operations Manager, the School Community Relations Coordinator ensures that parent, scholar, and teacher communications are handled in a timely and effective manner.
Responsibilities for this highly visible member of the School Operations team include:
As a Result of your Hard-Work:
- As the first point of contact, represent Success Academies (SA) by answering phones, greeting visitors, and handling a wide variety of family and scholar concerns on a daily basis in a professional manner .
- Create and distribute high quality , error-free parent communication, including weekly newsletters, recorded calls, calendars, and flyers.
- Play an integral role in planning and executing off-site scholar trips, in-school assemblies and family academic events.
- Track scholar and school -wide data, including scholar attendance, behavior, and other achievements/infractions; create systems that support school leaders and families in meeting network-wide school culture goals.
- Serve as the staff advisor on the Parent Council executive board and oversee all Parent Council activities.
- Manage the collection, and ongoing maintenance of all s cholar records and files, using various tools such as Excel and our online scholar information system .
- Develop and maintain a relationship with the school nurse/school-based department of health staff to ensure that all medications and medical records are properly maintained.
- Families have a positive and welcoming experience when they walk in the M ain O ffice.
- The parent and school community is well informed regarding all events and school policies.
- Scholars and teachers participate in well-run, joyful, and rigorous events.
- Meaningful memories are created with scholars, families, and faculty which lead to lasting bonds.
- Scholar files and health information are well organized and readily accessible at any moment during daily operations .
- All school data is accurately tracked and reported on time, internally and externally.
The ideal candidate for this position must have a Bachelor’s Degree and a high level of professionalism, flexibility , and enthusiasm.
The candidate must demonstrate competency in the following areas:
In addition, the following characteristics are required to be successful on this team:
- Hospitality. Employ diplomacy at all times, including interactions that are positive as well as those requiring conflict resolution.
- Organization. Manage multiple projects and deadlines, and succeed in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment .
- Problem-solving. Approach challenges in creative ways and find thoughtful solutions to problems.
- Creating Systems. Demonstrate ability to create, implement, and maintain systems for operational excellence. Incorporate various perspectives when creating or improving a system and/or training other staff to use it.
- Communication. Create error-free written communication and presentations that address a variety of audiences. Audiences include government officials, vendors, school staff, parents, and scholars.
- Technology. Ability and willingness to learn and support various systems. Proficiency with Microsoft Office is a must. Experience with SalesForce / procurement systems , student information databases , and/or ATS is a plus.
- Attention to Detail. Carries out tasks and projects while maintaining accuracy from beginning to end. Thinks critically about the details of the task at hand.
- Flexibility. Ability to adjust priorities on the spot.
- Dedication to Mission. A genuine interest in finding ways to improve public education and support our network of schools.
- Independence. Can work independently, be assertive, and make thoughtful decisions about projects.
- Collaboration. Displays “all hands on deck” attitued, works well with manager, colleagues and is responsive to feedback.
- Beyond Z Attitude. Willingness to go above and beyond the requirements of the job to be innovative and support the organization.
Please upload a cover letter and resume outlining your skills and experience. Your cover letter should explain why you would be an excellent School Community Relations Coordinator at Success Academy. We currently have openings at the following Success Academy locations: Bronx 1, Bensonhurst, & Springfield Gardens.
Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Success Academy Charter Schools - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard
At Success Academy, we are redefining what's possible in public education. Our schools rank in the top 1% in math and top 3% in English...