School Crossing Guard Substitute
Part Time Seasonal
Town Hall, 2121 Cross Timbers Rd, Flower Mound TX 75028, Texas
Print Job Information |
Under direct supervision, to provide traffic control, both pedestrian and vehicular for designated crosswalks during school traffic hours.
Examples of Duties:
1. Assists children in crossing the street during peak school traffic hours at designated school zone areas.
2. Regulates vehicular traffic at designated crosswalks in such a manner that safety of school age children will be significantly enhanced when using these crosswalks.
3. Establishes rapport with children using crosswalks to enlist their support of safety efforts.
4. Employs proper signals and other paraphernalia designed to assist in control of traffic.
5. Oversees children to ensure they walk in designated crossing areas.
6. Reports any malfunction of school signals to School Crossing Coordinator.
7. Directs all inquiries, complaints and concerns of the general public to the School Crossing Coordinator.
8. Maintains a positive friendly and effective working relationship with the general public and co-workers.
9. Reports any unsafe, hazardous, or perilous conditions to School Crossing Coordinator.
10. Adheres to the personnel, safety and departmental policies and procedures.
11. Informs supervisor of all work activities.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
A High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is preferred. Experience working with children (i.e. day camp, church camp, public recreation, day care, etc.) is required. Must maintain a valid Texas driver's license and driving record must be in compliance with Town policy.
Must have a general knowledge of traffic laws, designated school zones and crossing areas. Must have good hand-eye coordination to operate equipment (signs, etc.). Must be able to communicate effectively with children. Bilingual communicative skills are preferred. To perform the essential functions of the job, must be able to see, hear, talk, run, walk; to observe and remember names, faces, and details of incidents; to work in adverse environmental conditions, including inclement weather; to follow verbal and written directives; to communicate courteously and effectively with other people and maintain a pleasant and friendly personality at all times; and to exercise good judgement and make competent decisions in all activities.