Directs and assists school children across traffic intersections to ensure their safe arrival to and from school.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Ability to communicate orally with school children to effectively direct them across traffic intersections and to warn them of potential hazards.
- Ability to move into the street quickly and unexpectedly to retrieve errant children away from oncoming traffic.
- Ability to work both morning and afternoon shifts.
- Ability to work in inclement weather.
- Ability to hold up "stop" sign and to direct traffic away from children as needed.
- Ability to observe traffic conditions through seeing and hearing.
- Ability to perform essential job functions for periods of up to one hour and 45 minutes in inclement weather.
- Ability to be punctual and attend work regularly.
- 15 hours a week, you must work both shifts ; Monday - Friday: Morning shift 7:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. Afternoon shift 2:30 p.m. - 4: 45 p.m.
- Applicants must pass a thorough background investigation to be considered.
- Must be able to take a two hour class and pass a written test.
- Must have transportation to and from different schools within the City of Lewisville.
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test, physical exam and functional capacity test.