DC Central Kitchen seeks (3) Three Food Service Intern(s) to join our dynamic team and support our mission of “Combating hunger and Creating opportunity.” The DCPS contract provides meals from local sourced food to students in the Washington, DC Public Schools. The Food Service Worker Intern(s) position is responsible for working with the Director of Contracts food and culinary team in preparation and presentation of food for DCPS.
- Assist with the implementation of the school recipe book
- Nutritional analysis of recipes in the recipe book
- Signage to promote menu items
- Creating marketing materials to promote DCCK in our school
- Knowledge in nutrition and/or local agriculture
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft word, excel, outlook.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate with diverse populations
- Must be working towards a BS degree or Nutrition degree
DC CENTRAL KITCHEN - 23 months ago