The Mission Promise Neighborhood initiative seeks to improve academic achievement and family economic success in the lowest performing schools in the Mission district of San Francisco. The four schools targeted for first phase of the Mission Promise Neighborhood implementation are all Persistently Lowest-Achieving schools that have adopted either the Turnaround or Transformation models, and include: César Chávez Elementary School, Bryant Elementary School, Everett Middle School, and John O’Connell High School.
Job Description Overview – Working under the supervision of the MPN Director of Programs, the Student Achievement & School Improvement Program Area Coordinator (PAC) will be responsible for coordinating with the San Francisco Unified School District and all MPN partners to deliver services to residents, students and their families in the MPN zone. The PAC will be responsible for ensuring that MPN partners are meeting their service goals, achieving results, and meeting their contract deliverables. The PAC will be a data-driven leader and responsible for continuously monitoring program and outcome data, monitoring progress of each partner on their indicators and outcomes, and coordination of all MPN and partner staff to deliver services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Note: There are 5 program area coordinators that will manage each group of partners to achieve the following results
- Manage, monitor and maintain partner contracts towards outcomes.
- In coordination with MEDA’s Evaluation Team, ensure that partners are entering data into client database in a timely and accurate manner and that staff receive necessary training.
- Coordinate partners to provide update on their progress to implement services, troubleshoot issues, and engage in a process of continuous improvement.
- Assist in the creation of a culture of Results Based Accountability with all MPN partners and ensure programmatic goals are being met by working closely with the Evaluation department.
- Coordinate closely the delivery of services with Community School Coordinators at each of the four schools, and work closely with school leadership to align services with school needs.
- Work closely with direct service staff, Family Success Coaches at MEDA to ensure strong understanding of and alignment with the availability of resources and programs within the Student Achievement & School Improvement program area. Family Success Coaches are responsible for working with families to ensure that they access and benefit from the MPN continuum of services.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships based on trust and mutual accountability with MPN partners, school site staff, and members of the community.
Strong and Safe Neighborhoods: Responsible for working with partners to ensure that students are healthy, feel safe at school and in the community, and live in stable communities.
Family Economic Success: Responsible for working with partners to ensure that youth and their families are economically stable.
Technology Access and Training: Responsible for working with partners to ensure students and their families have access to broadband technology and build a 21 st century skill set.
Early Learning and Development: Responsible for working with partners delivering services to parents and children ages 0-5 to ensure that they enter kindergarten ready to succeed in school.
Academic Success/Student Achievement & School Improvement: Responsible for working with partners, SFUSD, and school-site staff to ensure that students are proficient in core academic subjects, that they successfully transition from middle school grades to high school, that they graduate from high school and obtain a postsecondary degree, certification, or credential
TO APPLY , PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO email@example.com
- BA or equivalent
- 5 or more years working with direct service agencies, and 5 or more years of experience working in K-12 education field.
- 2-3 years of experience doing data entry and analysis in an online database (i.e. Salesforce or Efforts to Outcomes)
- Experience working in a data-driven and results oriented environment
- Strong understanding of evaluation systems, program indicators and data points related to the education field
- Knowledge of best practices, research and effective programs within Early Learning & Development; understanding and knowledge of SFUSD strategies and/or national efforts for school improvement, and education reform desired
- Experience supervising staff and/or partners and coaching them to success by creating an environment of continuous improvement
- Experience managing partners, contracts, and holding them accountable to their deliverables.
- Experience working with a diverse group of agencies, coordinating services and communication
- Experience scheduling and facilitating meetings and using collaborative online platforms to communicate with partners
- Experience working within in the Mission District and in an educational setting, such as a public school district is preferred
- Bilingual Spanish/English required
Please write the name of the position on the subject line
Please enclose a cover letter and a resume
- 3 years ago - save job
MEDA is a community-based economic development corporation located in the Mission District of San Francisco. For over 38 years MEDA has...