We are seeking an ambitious School Quality & Accountability Specialist to join our mission-driven team. The Quality & Accountability Specialist reports to the Manager of School Quality and Accountability. Excellent candidates will demonstrate strength in project management, a past record of success, and strong evidence of being self-aware, adaptable and a critical thinker. The specialist will be responsible for helping create and implement qualitative and quantitative school performance measures that effectively and transparently measure the quality of D.C.'s public charter schools.
- Creating and implementing Performance Management Frameworks for use in measuring the quality of public charter schools that have adult populations or alternative education programs;
- Conducting and refining qualitative site reviews to capture the extent to which public charter schools are implementing their mission and educational program with fidelity;
- Writing and editing qualitative site visit reports;
- Supporting the monitoring of OSSE designated Focus/Priority schools
- Publishes annual school performance reports;
- Communicates regularly with public charter schools to help them understand their school performance;
- Works closely with data analysts to measure schools on quantitative results;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Superior data-driven decision-making experience;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Take initiative to solve problems, shows resilience in the face of challenges;
- Superior understanding of and experience with a variety of student assessments;
- Expert analytical skills;
- Expert Microsoft Excel user;
- Strong communication skills;
- Knowledge of education reform issues preferred;
- Strong work ethic;
- Sense of humor and ability to handle pressure;
- Classroom teaching experience; coaching and/or leadership experience preferred
- Experience conducting site reviews or classroom observations highly preferred;
- Experience with alternative or adult education preferred;
- Bachelor's degree required; Masters preferred.
idealist.org - 15 months ago