Ombudsman is seeking a Full-Time Social Worker for our alternative education centers located in Athens, GA for the remainder of the current school year.
The Social Worker is primarily responsible for helping students to succeed academically, socially, and emotionally, through individual and group counseling and by collaborating with educators, parents, and other professionals to create a safe, healthy and supportive learning environment that strengthens connections between home and school.
Ombudsman Educational Services (OES) is a division of Educational Services of America (ESA), the nation's leading provider of K-12 alternative and special education schools and programs. Based in Nashville, Tenn., ESA partners with more than 240 public school districts in 20 states to operate more than 170 schools and programs. Ombudsman is accredited by AdvancED and provides students with an approach and an environment that are different from a traditional classroom setting. Students receive computer-assisted personalized instruction, individualized attention with a low student-to-instructor ratio and the freedom to work at their own pace.
Middle and high school students who have dropped out or are on the verge of dropping out of school often benefit from the one-on-one attention from Ombudsman. Instructors work with each student individually to determine his or her abilities, challenges and personal needs. Ombudsman instructors help students identify and overcome academic obstacles as well as family, personal and emotional issues that impact their success. At Ombudsman, each student has the potential to graduate and succeed in life.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Social Work;
- School Social Work Specialist credential or Licensed Social Worker;
- Experience with gang intervention strongly preferred and at least two years of experience working with individuals with challenging behaviors;
- Experience or familiarity with functional behavior plans;
- Strong motivational and communication skills and adaptability to shifting priorities so that a positive learning environment is assured;
- Ability to prioritize so that deadlines are met;
- Organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Computer/clerical skills for typing and preparation of reports.
Educational Services of America - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard