Perform special projects as assigned and also assist the operations team in daily activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Complete projects according to individual specifications
- Work with team members to communicate requirements of assigned projects
- Communicate with customers to understand their requirements on a daily, weekly and holistic basis to effectively manage their transportation
- Work with other locations in the Network to manage loads and utilize capacity to exceed customer expectations
- Educate our carriers on all relevant Hub Group processes including, but not limited to, operations, invoicing, and technology usage
- Assist in the tracking and tracing of each individual shipment
- Participate in daily operational meetings to identify and communicate customer needs to other team members
- Provide transportation solutions for our customers to create increased levels of service combined with cost effective results
- Must be a self-starter, and have the ability to communicate and interface effectively with all levels of the Hub organization, its customers and carriers in a manner that consistently produces results.
- Significant customer service experience
- Knowledge of various Microsoft Office products including, but not limited to, Excel and Word
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience in the transportation industry is preferred but not required.
- Enrolled in a transportation, logistics, or supply chain degree program.
- Internship runs from September-May 2014, 20 hours per week. Must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program for the duration of the internship.
Hub Group, Inc - 16 months ago
Hub Group helps its clients by handling the hubbub of freight movement throughout North America. An intermodal marketing company, Hub Group...