Perform special projects as assigned and also assist the operations team in daily activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Complete projects according to individual specifications
- Work with team members to communicate requirements of assigned projects
- Communicate with customers to understand their requirements on a daily, weekly and holistic basis to effectively manage their transportation
- Work with other locations in the Network to manage loads and utilize capacity to exceed customer expectations
- Educate our carriers on all relevant Hub Group processes including, but not limited to, operations, invoicing, and technology usage
- Assist in the tracking and tracing of each individual shipment
- Participate in daily operational meetings to identify and communicate customer needs to other team members
- Provide transportation solutions for our customers to create increased levels of service combined with cost effective results
- Must be a self-starter, and have the ability to communicate and interface effectively with all levels of the Hub organization, its customers and carriers in a manner that consistently produces results.
- Significant customer service experience
- Knowledge of various Microsoft Office products including, but not limited to, Excel and Word
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience in the transportation industry is preferred but not required.
- Enrolled in a transportation, logistics, or supply chain degree program.
- Internship runs from September-May 2014, 20 hours per week. Must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program for the duration of the internship.
Hub Group helps its clients by handling the hubbub of freight movement throughout North America. An intermodal marketing company, Hub Group...