This position will assist with configuring personal computer hardware and software. This is part of a large planned hardware replacement, including receipt, configuration, transferring data, and deployment. PCs will be delivered directly from the supplier to a Hub Group office; consequently much of the work will be done using tools that facilitate remote control of PCs in another location.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Install and configure software
- Transfer data
- Escalate problems when necessary to the appropriate support level
- Configure laptops and desktops using client management software according to established standards
- Identify and recommend improvements to procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Entry Level knowledge of Intel-based PC hardware and Microsoft Windows Workstation operating systems
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast paced environment, with excellent communication/phone skills
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to carefully follow established procedures
- Comfortable working with all levels of corporate personnel
- Internship runs from September-May 2014, 20 hours per week. Must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program for the duration of the internship.
Hub Group helps its clients by handling the hubbub of freight movement throughout North America. An intermodal marketing company, Hub Group...