This position will assist with configuring personal computer hardware and software. This is part of a large planned hardware replacement, including receipt, configuration, transferring data, and deployment. PCs will be delivered directly from the supplier to a Hub Group office; consequently much of the work will be done using tools that facilitate remote control of PCs in another location.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Install and configure software
- Transfer data
- Escalate problems when necessary to the appropriate support level
- Configure laptops and desktops using client management software according to established standards
- Identify and recommend improvements to procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Entry Level knowledge of Intel-based PC hardware and Microsoft Windows Workstation operating systems
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast paced environment, with excellent communication/phone skills
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to carefully follow established procedures
- Comfortable working with all levels of corporate personnel
- Internship runs from September-May 2014, 20 hours per week. Must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program for the duration of the internship.
Hub Group, Inc - 19 months ago
Hub Group helps its clients by handling the hubbub of freight movement throughout North America. An intermodal marketing company, Hub Group...