Work with Pricing Team and assist with improving volume and profitability through the coordination of highway bid opportunities as well as assisting with managing various highway projects and initiatives both strategically and tactically.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Apply Highway costing and publish pricing to internal and external customers as requested.
- Develop costing and pricing models based on off market conditions and trends. This will be done by using both historical data and market intelligence.
- Assist with managing pricing databases against standards set by management.
- Work with operations in various locations on an as-needed basis to develop pricing for RFP and large opportunities.
- Perform routine audits to customer pricing to ensure data integrity to both the product we provide the customer and also that we maintain in our databases.
- Provide miscellaneous reports for internal management on an as needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate enrollment required – Prefer major or significant coursework in transportation, marketing, finance, math and/or statistics.
- Analytical skills and ability to use various analytical tools to support highway pricing projects. High level of proficiency with spreadsheets and database applications is required.
- Experience working with Excel and Access is preferred.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and project management skills required.
- Must be a self-starter, and have the ability to communicate and interface effectively with all levels of the Hub organization, its customers and vendors in a manner that consistently produces results.
- Internship runs from September-May 2014, 20 hours per week. Must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program for the duration of the internship
Hub Group, Inc - 16 months ago