This is a non-tenure track, non-tenure eligible position to be hired at the Lecturer level. This position may be renewed depending on satisfactory performance, department needs and available funding.
- Please e-mail the following application materials to COMsearch2013@nau.edu , with the subject line in this format: "(your last name) COM application":
1.Letter of application - please explain your interest in the position and how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications; and provide details regarding your educational background, professional and/or teaching experience, your teaching philosophy, and your commitment to working in a diverse university community.
2. Current Vita.
3. List of five references including current phone numbers and e-mail addresses.
4. Unofficial graduate transcripts.
The committee may request additional information at a later date.
- The School of Communication at Northern Arizona University is seeking a Lecturer to teach courses in Communication.
- Candidates will teach introductory and advanced courses in communication theory, gender and communication, interpersonal communication, group communication and other courses as required in the School's Communication and in the Communication Studies degree curriculum.
- The proposed workload will be teaching four courses per semester. School of Communication lecturers have responsibilities in advising and mentoring and contribute service to the School, University and the discipline. The position begins in August 2013.
- Master's degree in Communication.
- College or university teaching experience.
- Doctorate in Communication by August 2013.
- Full-time university or college teaching experience (two or more years)
- Instructional experience in communication theory, gender and communication, interpersonal communication, group communication and/or other courses in the COM and CST curriculum.
- Experience in teaching online or hybrid courses in COM and/or CST.
- Experience working with individuals from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- The School of Communication is located in a $14.5 million state-of-the-art facility that includes five computer labs, digital imaging labs, a student media complex, editing bays, television broadcast studios and modern electronic classrooms and seminar rooms. Please visit our website: http://nau.edu/sbs/communication/
- Northern Arizona University has a student population of about 25,000 at its main campus in Flagstaff and at over 30 sites across the state.
- Committed to a diverse and civil working and learning environment, NAU has earned a solid reputation as a university with all the features of a large institution but with a personal touch. NAU carefully balances teaching, scholarship and service with a faculty and staff dedicated to each student's success. All faculty members are expected to promote student learning and help students achieve academic outcomes.
- While our emphasis is undergraduate education, we offer a wide range of graduate programs and research that extend to such national concerns as forest health and bioterrorism. Our institution has carefully integrated on-campus education with distance learning, forming seamless avenues for students to earn degrees.
- Flagstaff has a population of about 65,000, rich in cultural diversity. Located at the base of the majestic San Francisco Peaks, Flagstaff is 140 miles north of Phoenix at the intersection of Interstate 17 and Interstate 40.
- With its elevation of 7,000 feet and four-season climate, Flagstaff is ideal for year-round outdoor activities. Nearby attractions include the Grand Canyon, Lowell Observatory, Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona, Monument Valley, Sunset Crater, Meteor Crater, and Arizona Snowbowl.
- Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check. Additionally, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
- Salary is $43,000-$45,000 depending on experience.
- This position will be open until filled or closed. Review of applications will begin on 4/1/13.