There are two positions to be filled. Both positions are non-tenure track, non-tenure eligible and will be hired at the Lecturer level. This position may be renewed depending on satisfactory performance, department needs and available funding.
- Please e-mail the following application materials to SRATCOMsearch2013@nau.edu , with the subject line in this format: "(Your last name) STRATCOM application":
1. Letter of application: please explain your interest in the position and how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications; and provide details regarding your educational background, professional and/or teaching experience, teaching philosophy, and your commitment to working in a diverse university community.
2. Current Vita.
3. List of five references including current phone numbers and e-mail addresses.
The committee may request additional information at a later date.
- The School of Communication at Northern Arizona University is seeking two Lecturers to teach courses in the Strategic Communication major which includes the following emphasis areas: advertising, merchandising and public relations.
- Position 1:
Applicants must have the ability to teach design courses like Advertising Copy & Layout and Public Relations Publication Design utilizing InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator platforms.
- Position 2:
Applicants must have the ability to teach in at least two of the following three areas: Advertising, Merchandising and Public Relations. Advertising courses include Advertising Strategies, Advertising Media Selection and Introduction to Advertising. Public Relations courses include Public Relations Writing, Public Relations Case Studies, and Introduction to Public Relations. Merchandising courses include Evaluating Apparel Quality, Fashion History, and Merchandise Buying.
- The proposed workload will be teaching four courses per semester. School of Communication lecturers have responsibilities in advising and mentoring students, and contributing service to the discipline, School and University. These positions begin in August 2013.
- Master's degree completed by August 2013
- College or university teaching experience
- Minimum of one year professional experience in at least one of the following professional fields: advertising, merchandising, public relations.
- Full-time university or college teaching experiences (two or more years)
- Minimum of two years professional experience in at least one of the following professional fields: advertising, merchandising, public relations
- A degree (undergraduate and/or graduate) in one or more of the following areas: advertising, merchandising, public relations, strategic communication
- Experience working with individuals from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- The School of Communication is located in a $14.5 million state-of-the-art facility that includes five computer labs, digital imaging labs, a student media complex, editing bays, television broadcast studios and modern electronic classrooms and seminar rooms. Please visit our website: http://nau.edu/sbs/communication/
- Northern Arizona University has a student population of about 25,000 at its main campus in Flagstaff and at over 30 sites across the state.
- Committed to a diverse and civil working and learning environment, NAU has earned a solid reputation as a university with all the features of a large institution but with a personal touch. NAU carefully balances teaching, scholarship and service with a faculty and staff dedicated to each student's success. All faculty members are expected to promote student learning and help students achieve academic outcomes.
- While our emphasis is undergraduate education, we offer a wide range of graduate programs and research that extend to such national concerns as forest health and bioterrorism. Our institution has carefully integrated on-campus education with distance learning, forming seamless avenues for students to earn degrees.
- Flagstaff has a population of about 65,000, rich in cultural diversity. Located at the base of the majestic San Francisco Peaks, Flagstaff is 140 miles north of Phoenix at the intersection of Interstate 17 and Interstate 40.
- With its elevation of 7,000 feet and four-season climate, Flagstaff is ideal for year-round outdoor activities. Nearby attractions include the Grand Canyon, Lowell Observatory, Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona, Monument Valley, Sunset Crater, Meteor Crater, and Arizona Snowbowl.
- Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check. Additionally, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
- Salary is $43,000-$45,000 depending on experience.
- This position will be open until filled or closed. Review of applications will begin on 4/1/13.
Northern Arizona University - 12 months ago