Gulf of Mexico Cooperative Institute Science Coordination
Oversee coordination of NOAA-funded research, application development, and outreach activities between scientists working in the Northern Gulf of Mexico and NOAA.
Office of Oceanic and Atmospheric Research (OAR) Research Activity Coordination
Ensure that OAR laboratories and programs are connected to and benefit from CI research regionally.
- Serve as NOAA liaison between NGI and NOAA for oversight of NGI research, applications, and outreach activities, working closely with NGI management, the Director of the Gulf Coast Services Center and the OAR CI Program Manager.
- Establish collaborations between all CIs and NOAA scientists at the Gulf Coast Service Center, National Coastal Data Development Center, National Data Buoy Center and other NOAA Line Office staff located on and near the Stennis Space Center campus, as well as at other NOAA science centers and labs to ensure ongoing research collaborations between CIsand NOAA result in CI products that can be transitioned into NOAA operations and applications.
- Facilitate NOAA coordination between Stennis and elsewhere.
Gulf Coast Service Center Assistance
Assist the Gulf Coast Services Center office interact with regional stakeholders (e.g., through the Gulf of Mexico Alliance) who have an interest in coastal management issues.
- Engage OAR laboratory leadership and scientists in research conducted by CI scientists.
- Increase visibility of CI research across OAR, focusing on the Gulf Of Mexico
- Represent OAR in appropriate activities in the Northern Gulf region.
- Provide logistical support and program guidance for one CI review at Colorado State University, consistent with NOAA Administrative orders and the CI Program Interim Handbook.
- Interact with northern Gulf stakeholders that have a strong interest in coastal issues to determine decision support needs
- Ensure that NGI research is transitioned into applicants that benefit the Gulf Coast Services Center and its stakeholders.
- Represent the Gulf Coast Services Center at meetings in the region.
- Ph.D. in Biology, Marine Science, or related field
- At least 10 years professional experience
- At least 6 years previous experience working with NOAA required
Consolidated Safety Services - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard