The American Institutes for Research (AIR), is one of the world's leading professional services firm that provides applied social and behavior research and technical assistance. AIR is seeking a highly motivated Science Policy Research Intern. This position is based in Washington, D.C. (Georgetown) office.
• Develop and implement scripts for automated website scraping and text parsing, specifically for scientific researcher CVs and professional websites.
• Mine the US Patent & Trademark Office patent grant and application datasets in order to link inventors to their online presence and/or professional organizations.
• Integrate patent, CV, and related metadata datasets into the existing science policy application programming interface (API) data infrastructure.
• Explore recommender functionalities that might be integrated into current and future scientific research portfolio visualization web tools, leveraging existing data on researcher publications and newly scraped web data.
• Develop new and expand upon existing documentation of the science of science policy data framework approach.
• Ph.D. with 2 years of experience
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, start up environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to work with technical and non-technical people
• Ability to translate complex ideas from code to screen in an accessible manner.
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...