Job Opening: Scientific Computing Engineer
Located in the heart of Washington DC, Sentrana provides companies with predictive analytics for better sales and marketing decisions. For the past five years, we have brought our capabilities to the foodservice industry generating optimal pricing and marketing recommendations covering tens of thousands of products and hundreds of thousands of customers on a daily basis. Through our enterprise application platform MarketMover®, we help wholesale distributors and suppliers put the terabytes of data sitting in their existing systems to work with advanced analytics and a family of applications that deliver predictive insight at the moment of truth – the instant the sale is being made.
Our application suite helps companies of all sizes accurately predict and optimize the impact of their sales and marketing activities, including pricing, promotion, product mix, and other related activities. The MarketMover software platform gives clients the ability to use our advanced analytics throughout the sales process and at the crucial moment of the sale. Our software as a service (SaaS) model allows our clients to get started quickly supported by our high performance computing infrastructure and allows us to continuously improve our software without costly deployments into clients’ internal IT environment.
As a Scientific Computing Engineer at Sentrana, you will be responsible for developing the necessary software tools to support efficient migration of our statistical and machine learning models from development to production environment. In addition to tool development, you will perform project-by-project support in terms of database query and I/O optimization during development as well as production phases of each modeling project.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science from a top-tier university
- Programming experience in an OOP language such as C# or Java is required
- Undergraduate/graduate coursework in one or more of these fields is highly desirable: machine learning, probability theory, statistics
- SQL programming experience in highly desirable
- Programming experience in C/C++ is preferred
- Programming experience in an interpreted/scripting language such as MATLAB, R or Python is preferred
- Ability to work with multiple teams (Quantitative Modeling, Software Engineering, and System Administration) is essential
To apply, please submit your résumé and cover letter directly to us:
(Subject: Scientific Computing Engineer)