Pacific Biosciences seeks a Sr Scientist position candidate with strong customer focus combined with a molecular biology and instrumentation background to join our applications & collaborations team. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating collaboration and application method development. The position primarily involves hands-on laboratory work in preparing template for in-house experimentation, running the PacBio RS II as well as working directly with customers and collaborators. The scientist will be working in a fast-paced start-up environment, interacting with other scientists and engineers from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Key responsibilities include:
• Lead collaboration projects from design, execution to analysis, to publication/presentation of results; primarily in the viral application space.
• Hands-on laboratory work preparing samples and running the PacBio RS II instrument to execute experiments for collaboration and application development projects, primarily in the viral space.
• Knowledge transfer of methodologies/new product release from R&D to the field and support organization.
• Support strategic accounts with experimental design, expertise in sample preparation, and application development.
• Support development of technical documentation and training materials.
• Generate sales collateral through white papers, application notes and method papers.
• Provide scientific and applications feedback to development, marketing, and sales.
• PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field (Appropriate experience carrying out molecular biology/biochemistry experiments at the Senior Research Associate level may qualify).
• Technical proficiency in general laboratory practices, biochemistry/molecular biology, including library construction and operation of robotic liquid handling equipment, next generation sequencing platforms.
• Excellent record-keeping and careful attention-to-detail.
• Strong trouble-shooting abilities.
• Strong familiarity with the paper publication process and associated experimental design requirements.
• Ability to balance several projects and customers concurrently.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively, with minimal supervision.
• Strong presentation and communication skills.
• Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Enjoy working closely with others as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• A “can do” attitude and be flexible in a fast-paced start up environment.
• Must be an intelligent individual with excellent work ethic, exceptional judgment, and unquestionable integrity.
• Proficiency with PacBio RS II platform and protocols desired.
Pacific Biosciences - 5 months ago
Pacific Biosciences’ mission is to transform the way humankind acquires, processes and interprets data from living systems through the...