Scientist (Analytical Lab)
WE'RE ABOUT A BETTER TOMORROW.
As the number one natural nutrition company in the U.S., Shaklee has been making people healthier for over 50 years. And we've made it part of our job to make the planet healthier along the way. We were doing it back when green was just a color and biodegradable was barely a word. In fact, as early as 1960, we made one of the first biodegradable household cleaners ever. And we were the first company in the world to obtain Climate Neutral certification and totally offset our CO2 emissions, resulting in a net zero impact on the environment.
The Scientist in Shaklee's Analytical Laboratory is responsible for: 1) conducting chemical and physical analyses on raw materials, in-process materials and finished products per established test methods and procedures; 2) performing method validation/verification procedures on new and existing analytical test methods; 3) properly documenting the results of all laboratory tests and activities; 3) complying with all applicable regulations, good laboratory practices (GLP's), current good manufacturing practices (cGMP's) and all safety requirements; 4) assisting in managing the day-to-day activities of junior staff.
• Conduct chemical and physical analyses on raw materials, in-process materials and finished products per
established test methods and procedures. Properly document all work performed.
• Maintain cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices) compliance within the laboratory with respect to data
security, equipment functionality, training, compliance with written procedures, laboratory documentation, and
• Perform method validations and verifications as needed for regulatory compliance.
• Assist the Laboratory Manager in managing the day-to-day activities of Scientist Assistants and Associate
• Maintain laboratory instrumentation, including HPLC, GC, UV-Vis spectrometer, ICP-MS. Perform periodic
calibrations to keep instrumentation in a ready to use state.
• Keep technical knowledge up-to-date through participation in scientific seminars and trade shows.
• Adhere to laboratory safety procedures.
• Comply with all corporate policies, procedures and processes.
• Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology, or related field.Minimum 3-5 years analytical laboratory experience.
including hands on experience with testing methodologies including HPLC, GC, UV-Vis, ICP and wet chemical
• Must have worked in a cGMP regulated environment.
• Skilled in the tools of scientific data analysis.
• Ability to work under time pressure, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines consistently
• An independent thinker who will proactively solve problems.
• Requires ability to analyze scientific complexities and work long hours when necessary to support changing
• Must have strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
• Strong troubleshooting skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with adequate English proficiency.
• Must work well under pressure.
• Must work well with others.
Shaklee Corporation is an EOE / Shaklee Corporation supports a smoke free workplace.
Shaklee - 18 months ago