The Scientist 2, LC/MS (Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry) employs liquid chromatography separation techniques and mass spectrometric analysis for data collection. In addition to instrument operation, the LC/MS Scientist 2 is responsible for associated maintenance, documentation, and data processing.
LC (typically HPLC) system setup.
- Perform fundamental LC/MS operations to include:
Mass spectrometer calibration, tuning and optimization.
Routine LC/MS analysis.
Chromatographic peak integration.
- Perform advanced LC/MS instrument maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs.
- Assist project managers with method troubleshooting through data interpretation, experimental design and data collection and act as a technical resource for project managers in other troubleshooting efforts.
- Train and mentor lower level LC/MS Scientists.
- Provides timely and appropriate feedback to the Mgr, LC/MS Operations pertaining to the performance of lower-level scientists.
- Meet responsibilities and study objectives according to tight timelines.
- Familiarity with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
- Basic knowledge of math and chemistry
- Basic mechanical skills
- Basic computer skills (e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, network navigation, etc.)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry, or a related field; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience in a GLP analytical laboratory; and at least 3 years of directly related work experience
The ability to occasionally lift moderately heavy, delicate objects (LC instrumentation).
The ability and willingness to work with potentially hazardous chemicals and instrumentation.
Moderate use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.
Regular sitting for extended periods of time and periodic standing.
Quintiles Transnational - 9 months ago
Quintiles Transnational has plenty to CRO about. One of the world's top contract research organizations (CROs), it...