RetroVirox is seeking research scientists and lab technicians with broad experience in optimization of cell-based assays for the screening of lead antivirals. These scientists will optimize and validate novel in vitro assays to evaluate inhibitors of virus replication against a variety of human pathogens. Candidates are expected to work with minimal supervisio, display excellent techical skills and problem-solving abilities. This position is available immediately, and eligible to US citizens or permanent residents only.
- Engineer, optimize and validate cell-based assays for in vitro screening of antivirals
- Perform antiviral screens to identify active hits
- Prepare SOP protocols, and data reports of screening campaigns
- Abide to strict GLP guidelines and work independently with minor supervision
- 2+ years industry experience with cell-based assays or alternatively proven experience in academic field optimizing this type of assays
- Strong technical skills in cell-based assay development, including engineering, validation, and characterization of sensitivity and specificity profiles
- Experience in performing high throughput screening campaigns with cell-based assays, ideally against viral targets
- Excellent abilities to create written protocols, abide to GLP guidelines, and communicate results in oral presentations
- Experience in molecular methods to handle, analyze, and titrate viruses such as HIV, Influenza or Dengue is a plus
Applications are accepted only electronically. Submit your CV by email at firstname.lastname@example.org Add the words “scientist / cell-based assay ” to the email subject line. All applications must be submitted as a one single PDF file no longer than 6 pages, including a first page with a brief application letter with a summary of your qualifications relevant to this position, and a final page with names and email addresses of three references. Applications not following these guidelines will not be evaluated.
RetroVirox is a biotechnology company with headquarters in San Diego, CA. The company is evaluating novel antivirals for the treatment of viral human pathogens. For more information visit http://www.retrovirox.com
Naturejobs.com - 10 months ago