Eurofins is the world leader in the food, bio/pharmaceutical product testing. It is also number one in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology, and central laboratory services. With over $1 billion in annual revenues and 13,000 employees across 170 sites in 35 countries, Eurofins is a leading international group of laboratories providing an unparalleled range of testing and support services to the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, food, environmental, and consumer products industries and to governments.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for Senior Scientist Group Leader to support our Professional Scientific Staffing group in South San Francisco, CA.
Scientist Group Leader responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
· Perform analysis of proteins with a variety of biochemical assays such as HPLC (size exclusion, reverse phase, ion-exchange, and HIC), mass spectrometry (MS), and/or capillary electrophoresis (CE)
· Provide analytical development support to different functional groups within protein analytical chemistry department
· Prepare data for presentation and write technical reports, and interact with other groups within the department
· Perform review and peer review of analytical data
· Troubleshoot method and instrumentation problems as needed
· Initiate and perform investigations and development as needed
· Develop and execute validation plans as needed
· Lead team, schedule, and train employees
· Ensure adherence to highest quality and efficiency standards in laboratory operations
· Ensure coverage and performance
· Foster morale and teamwork
The ideal candidate would possess :
· Basic to advanced analytical knowledge of characterizing proteins with HPLC-based chromatographic techniques, mass spectrometry-based assays, electrophoretic methods, and other biophysical characterization techniques is preferred.
· Ability to conduct PCPV experiments and pre-robustness and assay qualification studies is preferred.
· Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
· Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
· Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
· Strong leadership, initiative, and teambuilding skills
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
· Bachelor's or Master’s degree in biochemistry, chemistry, analytical chemistry, chemical engineering, or other related degree concentration
· Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of South San Francisco, California are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and time-off, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website www.lancasterlabs.com.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Lancaster Laboratories - 30+ days ago
Don't buy those Bunsen burners. Let Lancaster Laboratories handle it. One of the largest contract laboratories in the country, it...