Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist with a PhD (MS with >10 years relevant experience) in analytical chemistry to join our chemistry department and perform analytical research/development for multiple teams within a drug discovery research group including purification and analysis of chiral and achiral compounds. It is expected that a significant proportion of the role will be laboratory based working on (1) method development for chiral and achiral compounds and (2) purification of final compounds including chiral compounds in support of project chemists. In addition, the candidate will be expected to perform routine analysis and delivery of high quality and accurate analytical data from studies including, but not limited to: purity, solubility and stability.
Responsibilities will include, buat are not limited to the following:
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Performing method development and purification of small molecules using LC with multiple detectors such as UV, ELSD and MS.
- Performing analysis of compounds using reverse and normal phase HPLC and LCMS.
- Effectively work in a team environment. Interacting and communicating with medicinal chemists and scientists to effectively solve issues, meet timelines and drive results.
- Trouble-shooting and maintaining equipment, coordinating repairs and preventive maintenance.
- Scientific leadership in solving purification and analysis problems.
- Full compliance with eLN SOP’s providing accurate records.
- Full compliance with all safety protocols and policies.
- May supervise a research associate.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry/Seperation Technology and at least two years work experience, preferred. A M.S. Scientist with more than 10 years relevant experience in Analytical Chemistry / Seperations Technology performing purification and analysis of small molecules would also be considered for this role.
Req ID: 14000442
- State of the art knowledge of analytical techniques and separation sciences.
- Extensive hands-on bench experience in small molecule analysis and purification using reverse phase LC. Experience with SFC instrumentation is a plus.
- Familiarity with laboratory instrumentation including, but not limited to: HPLC’s, LCMS, MS, IR, SFC, DSC, PLM.
- Ability to conduct method development, optimization, problem-solving and trouble shooting.
- Familiarity with laboratory software and systems including, but not limited to: Chemstation, MassHunter, Analyst Software, ACD Software and PipelinePilot.
- Experience with trouble-shooting and maintaining equipment including coordinating repairs
Primary Location: United States-California-San Diego
Job: Research and Development
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Posting: 2014-02-21 00:00:00.0
Celgene - 8 months ago
Celgene is delivering innovative therapies to patients with unmet medical needs in cancer and inflammatory diseases.