Support MOM Brands quality and food safety systems and programs by providing expertise in both areas to all levels throughout the organization. Ensure the needs, requirements and expectations of MOM Brands customers and consumers are met. Support, implement, and maintain quality and food safety practices as required by SQF. Actively support the company’s mission of Better Ways to make a Better Breakfast at a Better Price . Complete job duties in a manner that supports all regulatory requirements including personnel safety, food safety, quality, and environmental sustainability.
1. Support, conduct and coordinate all internal audit activities of MOM Brands Distribution Centers to ensure all quality and food safety system requirements are being met. Provide support as it pertains to Quality Food Safety issues regarding inventory control at the Distribution Centers.
2. Support, conduct and coordinate all audit activities of MOM Brands co-manufacturers, co-packers, and co-assemblers to ensure all quality and food safety system requirements are being met. Develop, implement and maintain Quality & Food Safety Specifications for items run at co-manufacturers, co-packers, and co-assemblers.
3. Support and coordinate activities in a cross functional manner to develop and enhance MOM Brands packaging supplier quality and food safety management systems.
4. Provide Corporate Quality & Food Safety expertise in the development and maintenance of the MOM Brands track and trace process. Work with plant QA track & trace users to provide training on improvements or enhancements to the process and system software.
5. Support the Manager, Corporate Quality & Food Safety – External Programs in planning quality and food safety systems, procedures and methodologies to meet customer and consumer needs and expectations.
6. As assigned, provide backup support to other functions within Corporate Quality & Food Safety – External Programs.
7. Other duties as assigned by the Manager, Corporate Quality & Food Safety – External Programs.
Education : 4 year college degree in Food Science, Engineering, and /or a related field.
Experience : A minimum of 5 years experience in a Quality Assurance and Food Safety discipline. Food processing experience preferred. An In-depth knowledge of current quality and food safety systems is also required.
Skills : Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to make presentations, facilitate meetings, and provide training. Ability to apply statistical methods and facilitate data driven decisions. Experience in leading major quality and food safety projects in a multi plant environment. Ability to lead and influence others without direct authority. Must be able to read, write and communicate in the English language.
Travel: Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time.
Relationships : Internally work with MOM Brands associates throughout all levels of the organization to plan, develop, implement, monitor and improve quality and food safety systems.
Externally responds to MOM Brands customer and supplier needs. Interfaces with vendors, co-packers, co-manufacturers, co-assemblers, customers and contractors in relation to quality and food safety activities.
Work Structure : Works within guidelines from the Manager, Corporate Quality & Food Safety. Major goals are planned annually via the Performance Management Process and considerable latitude is exercised to obtain them.
Responsibilities : Responsible for supporting systems and procedures to insure the production of safe quality foods. Work with others in the Corporate Quality Food Safety group and throughout the organization to develop, maintain, review, audit and improve quality systems and standards. Must be able to function as a leader on cross-functional, multi site quality and food safety initiatives.
MOM Brands (formerly Malt-O-Meal Company), a privately held and family owned company, is the third largest cereal company in the United...