* Collaboratively support the project teams in the Infection & Oncology IMEDs with the application of separation science to solve analytical challenges.
* Seek out opportunities to collaborate and expand the role of separations throughout the Infection & Oncology IMEDs.
* Work independently and collaboratively with project teams: e.g. understand the teams' requirements, compound stability, and work with team members to solve separation issues.
* Work in accordance to local SHE requirements and in compliance with all AZ Corporate responsibility policies.
Key success factors for role:
* Ability to apply the techniques of separation science to solve various analytical problems
* Ability to design and execute experiments autonomously
* Quality and consistent delivery from own work
* Excellent teamwork, collaboration and communication within team and across department
* Excellent awareness of current developments in separation science literature
* Ability to write and publish own work in scientific journals
* Ability to act as a role model for less experienced scientists, post docs and junior member of staff or students.
Functional knowledge required:
BS with at least 5-15 years MS w/ at least 5- 15 years yrs or Ph.D w/ at least 0-2yrs in a relevant chemistry discipline.
* Detailed knowledge of separation science, familiarity with various types of analytical and preparative techniques for small molecules, small proteins, and linear/macrocyclic peptides: UPLC, HPLC, SFC, and other chromatographic techniques.
* Familiarity with the following software: Waters MassLynx and FractionLynx, Agilent Chemstation, SFC Pronto, Gilson UniPoint and Trilution.
* Strong background in preparative chromatography using various techniques.
* Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot LC, SFC, and MS instrumentation
* Demonstrated expertise in separation science in order to identify and isolate target compounds, preparative method development, propose strategies for molecules with diverse properties (solubility, stability, chelating), troubleshoot problems and make a significant contribution to the practical delivery of project compounds.
* Able to identify, develop and apply new technologies and ways of working within Medicinal Chemistry and within the broader IMED.
AstraZeneca - 20 months ago
AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals (which does business as AstraZeneca US) can help with a full alphabet of ailments. The company, a subsidiary of...