* Collaboratively support the project teams in the Infection & Oncology IMEDs with the application of separation science to solve analytical challenges.
* Seek out opportunities to collaborate and expand the role of separations throughout the Infection & Oncology IMEDs.
* Work independently and collaboratively with project teams: e.g. understand the teams' requirements, compound stability, and work with team members to solve separation issues.
* Work in accordance to local SHE requirements and in compliance with all AZ Corporate responsibility policies.
Key success factors for role:
* Ability to apply the techniques of separation science to solve various analytical problems
* Ability to design and execute experiments autonomously
* Quality and consistent delivery from own work
* Excellent teamwork, collaboration and communication within team and across department
* Excellent awareness of current developments in separation science literature
* Ability to write and publish own work in scientific journals
* Ability to act as a role model for less experienced scientists, post docs and junior member of staff or students.
Functional knowledge required:
BS with at least 5-15 years MS w/ at least 5- 15 years yrs or Ph.D w/ at least 0-2yrs in a relevant chemistry discipline.
* Detailed knowledge of separation science, familiarity with various types of analytical and preparative techniques for small molecules, small proteins, and linear/macrocyclic peptides: UPLC, HPLC, SFC, and other chromatographic techniques.
* Familiarity with the following software: Waters MassLynx and FractionLynx, Agilent Chemstation, SFC Pronto, Gilson UniPoint and Trilution.
* Strong background in preparative chromatography using various techniques.
* Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot LC, SFC, and MS instrumentation
* Demonstrated expertise in separation science in order to identify and isolate target compounds, preparative method development, propose strategies for molecules with diverse properties (solubility, stability, chelating), troubleshoot problems and make a significant contribution to the practical delivery of project compounds.
* Able to identify, develop and apply new technologies and ways of working within Medicinal Chemistry and within the broader IMED.
AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals (which does business as AstraZeneca US) can help with a full alphabet of ailments. The company, a subsidiary of...